Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Sirus XM issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2019, 10:27 AM

Got my CX-5 in August. This has happened to me twice. Add me to the "I'm glad to see somebody knows about the problem" list.

Old 11-26-2019, 03:13 PM

Was in the dealer for an oil change today and they found a Service Bulletin SA- 047/19 “Mazda Connect Reboots While Driving or Sirius XM Satellite Radio Function Not Available.” issued 11/16/19. Says it applies to 2019 and 2020 Mazda 6, CX3,CX5, CX9 and 2019 Miata. Says Mazda has found the root cause but gives no date for the fix. Interim solution is to stream XM through Apple or Android Car Play. Interestingly, I have had no XM issues with my CX5 for the last couple weeks.

Old 11-27-2019, 08:27 AM

At least it sounds like they have an answer...

Old 12-20-2019, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Pyrotec
I did hear from my service adviser at the dealership. He stated that Mazda is aware of the problem and they expect a software fix in mid-December. He also wanted to know the model of my phone and software release that it was on. I thought that was odd since this problem happens with or without the phone being in the car. I'll keep you all posted.
Any chance you have an update? We are experiencing the XM unavailable issue in my wife's brand new 2019 CX-5 GT. Definitely sounds like a Mazda firmware issue - which version were/are you running? I've seen mixed things on the whole trial period bit so I don't think that it's related. There's also a similar discussion here: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...-a-2019-CX5-GT

*eta: confirmed our car is on firmware version .335 which I believe is the latest available.

Last edited by capitalheel; 12-23-2019 at 08:24 AM.
Old 12-20-2019, 08:25 PM

I was at my dealer a week ago for a service appointment, and I asked about the "fix" for the Sirius XM issue. I also reported to the service writer that I had experienced the "channel unavailable" issue twice in the two prior weeks. I was told the fix is not yet out with no ETA available. I was left wondering if there is some sort of free XM trial going on now or if one recently finished.

Old 12-25-2019, 01:06 PM

I can't believe how much Sirius sucks.
I am a musician so music is by far the most important aspect of my life and has been for many many years,
There are NO stations that display musicianship, The last was Jam On that is now all Phish all the time (which OK, but not much of a way to hear new stuff) Everything else close is nothing but okay and what we know already.
I think that millennials and subsequent generations have killed off this wonderous art form.
Sorry for the rant, I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread,

Old 12-28-2019, 06:22 PM

New version out: 352
https://www.mazda3revolution.com/thr...0-352b.237094/

According to J32 on MAZDAS 247, a new firmware version .352 for the infotainment system corrects the Sirius issue. Don't know if dealers have the the new version yet for those that don't care to try updating themselves.

Old 12-29-2019, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by rkmx5
New version out: 352
https://www.mazda3revolution.com/thr...0-352b.237094/

According to J32 on MAZDAS 247, a new firmware version .352 for the infotainment system corrects the Sirius issue. Don't know if dealers have the the new version yet for those that don't care to try updating themselves.
Reading the update procedure is daunting to me. I often do USB upgrades myself, but I will let the dealer do this one.

Old 01-07-2020, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by capitalheel
Any chance you have an update? We are experiencing the XM unavailable issue in my wife's brand new 2019 CX-5 GT. Definitely sounds like a Mazda firmware issue - which version were/are you running? I've seen mixed things on the whole trial period bit so I don't think that it's related. There's also a similar discussion here: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...-a-2019-CX5-GT

*eta: confirmed our car is on firmware version .335 which I believe is the latest available.
Yes, I just posted this:
I got a hold of the dealer last week and they said Mazda has a fix. Just returned from the dealership where it says they performed 70.00.352. Whatever that code means. No problem on the way home, but we'll see if it holds up.

Old 01-08-2020, 09:02 AM

We picked up our 2019 Cx-9 GT Saturday. Seriusxm was not working and the salesman told us it was down and to keep trying. We kept getting an alert telling us to check the Seriusxm Antenna. Took the car back to the dealer yesterday for a software reset that didn't work. Car is still at the dealership and when I left most of the dashboard was torn apart and laying inside the car when I went to get belongings out of the car. They were trying to find the Serius antenna wiring and said if they can't find anything wrong with that then they were going to open up the wiring to the fin. I have not heard anything yet today about progress. I find it very disturbing to see my brand new car torn apart! We did not buy a new car to go through this! Had a 2019 Cx-5 and Serius work just fine on it.

Quick Reply: Sirus XM issue