Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Sirus XM issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2020, 09:05 AM

My vehicle was doing this again this morning. Flashed to 335 before Christmas and had been working fine after numerous SiriusXM failures. Will have to try this latest firmware flash and see if any different.

This problem is too numerous for a hardware issue. Definitely bugs in the firmware someplace where the right set of circumstances cause the satellite radio to quit working. Very frustrating to buy a vehicle that costs thousands of dollars and the damn radio wont work.

Old 01-08-2020, 12:35 PM

Well hopefully the 352 firmware will solve your problem...

Old 01-08-2020, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by lgavelis
We picked up our 2019 Cx-9 GT Saturday. Seriusxm was not working and the salesman told us it was down and to keep trying. We kept getting an alert telling us to check the Seriusxm Antenna. Took the car back to the dealer yesterday for a software reset that didn't work. Car is still at the dealership and when I left most of the dashboard was torn apart and laying inside the car when I went to get belongings out of the car. They were trying to find the Serius antenna wiring and said if they can't find anything wrong with that then they were going to open up the wiring to the fin. I have not heard anything yet today about progress. I find it very disturbing to see my brand new car torn apart! We did not buy a new car to go through this! Had a 2019 Cx-5 and Serius work just fine on it.
I would be asking for another car. You can be sure the dash is going to be having squeaks and rattles after having been dismantled.... You never left the dealer with it before all this happened?

Old 01-08-2020, 01:28 PM

SiriusXM bug is weird. Just like others, I saw station 0 and the next station was 131.

Will try to do the firmware update this evening. Very easy to do and a lot of dealers are clueless and would waste my time trying to figure how to do it before I had it done.

I like some things about my Mazda. But the infotainment system isnt one of them and overall is pretty clunky.

Old 01-17-2020, 04:46 PM

Went to the dealer today for my first oil change and asked for the new firmware update for the radio. We will see how it does....

Last edited by chickdr19; 01-20-2020 at 10:18 AM.
Old 01-17-2020, 07:58 PM

After the 70.00.352 fix I experienced the same problem with Sirius a day later. In addition twice when I started the car the infotainment screen was blank. No back up camera, no displays of any type, nothing. I reported it to the dealer immediately and also opened a case with Mazda. Five days later the service department contacted me and asked me to take a video of the problem when it occurs. I explained to the representative that I often don't carry my phone with me and it may take a matter of months to capture anything. I asked the rep at the dealership why the unit having the problem can't just be replaced since I've been having the problem for ten months and the car only has 6000 miles on it. His answer was that Mazda wasn't convinced that would fix the problem. I asked why not at least try it. He didn't have an answer. I'm calling the dealership's general manager on Monday to see if he is willing to do anything before I start legal action. Lemon laws and all. I've lost a lot of respect for Mazda over this. This is our sixth Mazda and may very well be our last.

Old 01-17-2020, 08:14 PM

Since moving to 352 I haven't had the issue, but I didn't have the issue as much with 335 either. The firmware before that was awful.

There is a bug somewhere. Is happening to too many different people with different vehicles.

It is quite frustrating, and the system as a whole is pretty clunky to use. The infotainment system is not a plus of the vehicle, that is for sure.

Dealers are clueless too.

If we could just find the exact circumstances that cause the system to fail, so the problem can be replicated!

Old 01-31-2020, 11:37 AM

I can confirm the latest 352 firmware does NOT fix the issue. In the last 3 days SiriusXM radio has failed twice with the "check SiriusXM tuner" message. Same symptoms as before. Channels on the upper end still work. The other day a soft reset of the system fixed the issue. Today reset 3 times and did not fix. Stop and restarted car and it then worked again. Sad.

Old 02-04-2020, 10:25 AM
Default Same Issues

Dealer did updates plus installed new Infotainment System. So far so good.

Also, Do you have issues with Navigation and SiriusXm Traffic Link? Mine does not work.

Old 02-04-2020, 02:07 PM

Trust me. It will eventually fail again.

A soft reset may or may not fix it. Once it did, the other time I had to turn off the car to reset it and get it to work.

As far as Navigation and traffic, I dont even use those applications, so I can't say whether they do or dont.

Last edited by JAMizer; 02-04-2020 at 02:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Sirus XM issue