Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Sirus XM issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 02:16 PM
Default Siriusxm and Infotainment issues

Originally Posted by JAMizer
Trust me. It will eventually fail again.

Reseting the same may or may not fix it. Once it did, the other time I had to turn off the car to reset it.

As far as Navigation and traffic, I dont even use those applications, so I can't say whether they do or dont.
----------------------------

It has been over 2 weeks and NO issues! Used to fail at least once a week.Mazda found a fix, contact your Dealer to take care of.

Old 02-04-2020, 03:49 PM

It is NOT fixed. Mine worked good for a couple weeks too. It has failed now twice in the last week.

Nothing the dealer is going to do. Latest firmware is loaded.

Give it time. You will see it fail again. Maybe not as often, but it will fail.

Old 02-04-2020, 03:58 PM
Default SiriusXm Traffic Link does not work with Navigation

They replaced my Infotainment System as well as Updated System. I called again and was told there is also an Update to the Navigation SD Card. I am downloading now. Hopefully will work. I am not too confident.

Old 02-04-2020, 05:21 PM

Infotainment system has a lot to be desired. For instance sometimes the radio kicks right on, other times it might take 30 seconds if it works. If it doesnt, you get channel 0 and then 131 along with some other 300 channels. Makes no sense.

Another irritant. Go to favorites selections and always starts at top instead of starting with channel already on.

But dont get me started. My Toyota entertainment system with SiriusXM and Navigation works a lot cleaner with no bugs.

Old 02-13-2020, 03:44 PM
Arrow Mazda Radio Issues

Originally Posted by SnowFrog4
Hi, I have a brand new 2019 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring Reserve. In the past six weeks of ownership I have had the following issue occur randomly at least 12 times: when starting the car and waiting for the XM satelite stations to load I only get Channels 0 (Radio ID), 130 & channels 300 and upwards. I am missing 1-129 & 131-299. I have made multiple attempts to correct this by XM tech support refreshing my signal and also my XM account. The dealer has replaced the satelite radio model (i have a new radio ID) and also provided a refresh of the latest vehicle software and a hard reset by removing and then replacing the car battery. The issue continues to occur intermittently with no reason (no blocked signal). XM is saying this is a hardware issue, dealer is saying this is a XM Satellite signal issue. The only way I can temporarily 'correct' this is by shutting off the vehicle for at least 5 minutes and then restarting it. Does anyone have any suggestions or feedback on this? Both the dealer and XM say they have never encountered this issue before. Please help if you can. thank you!!
Hi,

I have a 2019 Mazda touring that is having issues with the radio. It's slow to load and then when it does it keeps going out for as long as 1 minute. I can drive 5 miles and have the radio station go out 7 times during the drive. Brought to dealership 2x and the service manager acts like I'm an idiot. I called Mazda corporate and they created a case and told me to go back to the dealership and then call them so they can walk the technician through a diagnostic process. I think there should be a recall on their software. I expect the radio system to work.The Mazda reps think that it's only Sirus....I'm not so sure. Seems to be a pattern.

Old 02-13-2020, 03:45 PM

Thinking we should file a claim with a governmental agency - Lemon Law?

Old 02-13-2020, 03:46 PM

I have had 2 updates done in the last 2 weeks and nothing has worked.....sadly

Old 02-13-2020, 03:47 PM

Clearly there are many issues with their system. Unfortunately, none of us with these issues knows how to get them corrected. Anyone out there with suggestions, please let us know!

Old 02-13-2020, 03:48 PM

Next step, go to dealership, call Mazda Corporate and give them my case number. They want to speak with the technicians directly while they're working on my car....I'll keep you posted.

Old 02-14-2020, 12:00 PM

I wish I could offer you help, but I am at a loss of what to do. There are obviously bugs in the firmware. Unfortunately, you cannot recreate the problem. When the problem problem does happen, sometimes starting and stopping the car fixes it. Good luck for any dealer to diagnose the problem. And the problem is beyond the dealer's abilities anyhow. All they can do is swap out parts and/or update the firmware. It is the clunky firmware that needs fixed.

You mention slow to load contacts and always importing contacts every time? Yea, that happens too.

Please keep us posted. Probably be another firmware update soon. It was junk to begin with. I expect it to continue to be junk. Nice vehicle, with a garbage infotainment system.

Quick Reply: Sirus XM issue