Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Sirus XM issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 01:48 PM

new firmware update for Mazda connect. Whether it will fix SiriusXM issues remain to be seen:
https://my.hidrive.com/share/hsodpqj....367A%20Latest

Old 06-19-2020, 01:54 PM
Default Update

I was told by Mazda's Corporate that there was an Update. Of course my Dealer Service Manager does not know of this. Waiting a call back.

Hope it finally works. Only 15 months of this Issue!!

Old 06-19-2020, 01:57 PM

You can do the update yourself. Just follow the instructions which are also on that link.
Takes about 30 to 40 minutes.

Old 06-19-2020, 02:17 PM
Default Update is simple

I have done three firmware updates. Dealers are clueless on things like this. Just do it yourself.

Old 06-22-2020, 01:03 PM
Default Sirius Radio goes on on CX-5

I have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM going on with my 2020 CX-5 Signature....Did you ever figure out a solution? I do not know what to do about this issue either. Sirius says I should have the antenna on the car reset, but I have not taken it in for this yet.

Originally Posted by SnowFrog4
Hi, I have a brand new 2019 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring Reserve. In the past six weeks of ownership I have had the following issue occur randomly at least 12 times: when starting the car and waiting for the XM satelite stations to load I only get Channels 0 (Radio ID), 130 & channels 300 and upwards. I am missing 1-129 & 131-299. I have made multiple attempts to correct this by XM tech support refreshing my signal and also my XM account. The dealer has replaced the satelite radio model (i have a new radio ID) and also provided a refresh of the latest vehicle software and a hard reset by removing and then replacing the car battery. The issue continues to occur intermittently with no reason (no blocked signal). XM is saying this is a hardware issue, dealer is saying this is a XM Satellite signal issue. The only way I can temporarily 'correct' this is by shutting off the vehicle for at least 5 minutes and then restarting it. Does anyone have any suggestions or feedback on this? Both the dealer and XM say they have never encountered this issue before. Please help if you can. thank you!!

Old 06-22-2020, 01:10 PM
Default SiriusXM Issues

Unbelievable, going on for 15 months+. Mazda Corporate says there is a new Update, Mazda Dealer says they do not have any Update??? I am under Warranty and want my Dealer to do this Update. Waiting to hear back from Mazda so the Right Hand knows hat the Left Hand has.

Hopefully will get this Update in the next week or so. Still won't know if it did the trick since this is an intermittent problem.Had my entire Infotainment System replaced and Updated and still have the issue.

Will let everyone know when the Update is done and results.

Old 06-22-2020, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by RonBeck
Unbelievable, going on for 15 months+. Mazda Corporate says there is a new Update, Mazda Dealer says they do not have any Update??? I am under Warranty and want my Dealer to do this Update. Waiting to hear back from Mazda so the Right Hand knows hat the Left Hand has.

Hopefully will get this Update in the next week or so. Still won't know if it did the trick since this is an intermittent problem.Had my entire Infotainment System replaced and Updated and still have the issue.

Will let everyone know when the Update is done and results.
I did the update (70.00.367) a few days ago, and so far no issues with SiriusXM loading up. The only thing is that sometimes it may take a minute or two before SiriusXM starts playing.

Old 06-22-2020, 01:34 PM
Default Did the latest update

So far, so good. No issues.

It isn't an antenna issue. It is not a hardware issue. It isn't a Sirius XM issues. The firrmware is simply buggy.

Dealers will be worthless to help. Your best bet is do your the firmware upgrade yourself. It is very simple and not difficult at all.

Old 06-22-2020, 03:01 PM

Dear Jamizer,
Talked to Mazda corporate who insist I take the car in despite the dealership not knowing what I am talking about or, of course, if sirius will act up while there. Can you explain more about how to do the firmware update...where to get it, how to proceed? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Food4health

Old 06-22-2020, 03:04 PM
Default Firmware location

Start here.

https://my.hidrive.com/share/hsodpqja.l#$/Mazda CONNECT Firmware/NA N

Last edited by JAMizer; 06-22-2020 at 03:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Sirus XM issue