Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Sub woofer install

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2023, 08:04 PM
Default Sub woofer install

Hi i have completed every thing there is to do as far as installing the sub. It has a built in amp and i'm using a LOC. My 2020 cx 5 with Bose speakers already has a factory tuner amp in the glove box and i was trying to tap into it. i can't tell which wires i need to tap to get a signal. Any solutions? i'd like to get the extra sub installed and keep the car factory as possible. PLEASE HELP

Last edited by shahnc6; 04-05-2023 at 08:05 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-06-2023, 10:02 AM

You cant tap into the wires. With that factory BOSE system its likely you are going to need Line out converter or similar. If you just tap into the wires you can damage you Bose system and possible the amp in your sub woofer?
You may (should) want to contact the company that you purchased your subwoofer unit from?

Old 04-06-2023, 10:03 AM

Welcome to the forum

Old 04-06-2023, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
You cant tap into the wires. With that factory BOSE system its likely you are going to need Line out converter or similar. If you just tap into the wires you can damage you Bose system and possible the amp in your sub woofer?
You may (should) want to contact the company that you purchased your subwoofer unit from?
I have an LOC but need to find a signal for the added sub woofer to tap into.

Old 04-06-2023, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by shahnc6
I have an LOC but need to find a signal for the added sub woofer to tap into.
If you are using the AudioControl LC2i tan as per you manual you need to tap off the base speaker in the BOSE . Unfortunately the way BOSE sets up their amp and system you may have trouble getting the proper frequency to run your powered sub woofer optimal.
I had to finally go with a LC6i and run all separate amps to power all the speakers.

Contact Audio control and see if they have any updates for factory BOSE system specifically in Mazda's.

Old 04-08-2023, 03:09 PM
Default Bose base wire tap

so could i tap into the nose base wires? is there any video or a how to on that?

Old 04-09-2023, 03:59 AM
BWJ

Find your way

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
bose.pdf (309.1 KB, 38 views)
Old 04-09-2023, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by BWJ
Find your way
I hope he does not blow the BOSE amp .... which is why I did not give this same wiring diagram or indicate which speaker to tap into! You can not just old school tap into speakers on a Mazda designed by BOSE system from 2015(aprox) and newer for Mazda system

Just a Caution for the op and others!!!

Old 04-09-2023, 09:26 AM
BWJ

Originally Posted by Callisto
I hope he does not blow the BOSE amp .... which is why I did not give this same wiring diagram or indicate which speaker to tap into! You can not just old school tap into speakers on a Mazda designed by BOSE system from 2015(aprox) and newer for Mazda system

Just a Caution for the op and others!!!
Sure agree, if you don´t know what you dealing with, a blue very expensive smoke fill the cabin in 10 sek.

Old 04-09-2023, 09:52 AM

yup

Quick Reply: Sub woofer install