Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Ticking sound coming from driver seat over bumpy roads

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2023, 01:47 PM
Default Ticking sound coming from driver seat over bumpy roads

I own a 2024 CX5 with 1100 miles on the car. For the past 3 weeks or so, I've been hearing a "ticking" noise when I am driving over bumpy roads. I've attached the sound recording (you may have to listen at the loudest speaker level). I would best describe this as "morse code" / "metal on metal soft knocking." The sound is faint and can be muffled out with music or driving with windows down.

After much effort, I localized the sound to the driver's car seat. I can replicate it by sitting on the driver seat and pushing down on the car seat at a certain angle with my hands. I cannot reproduce the sound if I am not sitting on it. This makes me think some metal part is being pushed down with me sitting on the car, and when there's a vertical up-and-down motion, it is touching another metal part.

I like to drive in silence, and this ticking noise annoys me every time I drive. Does anyone have a similar issue or any idea what might be causing this? Thank you!

Here's the link for the audio.

Old 11-19-2023, 01:55 PM

Welcome to the forum

Thank you for the video but 99% of sound videos to solve a vehicle problem on a forum are not very useful.
My best advises your Mazda is completely under warranty and it only prudent if not the best suggestion to go to a dealer and report it. This does 2 things you get them to look at it and it will be information attached to your VIN . This way should after the concern is resolved if it shows up again it's on record to protect your warranty.
You should have no problem finding a Mazda dealer in your area. And you may also want to do a ride along so you can indicate to the service advisor exactly when and what you hear.

Old 11-19-2023, 09:16 PM

I'd go to the dealer and utilize your warranty.

Old 02-25-2024, 10:15 PM
Default Yes same here but idk where the noise is coming from

Originally Posted by randomuser0987
I own a 2024 CX5 with 1100 miles on the car. For the past 3 weeks or so, I've been hearing a "ticking" noise when I am driving over bumpy roads. I've attached the sound recording (you may have to listen at the loudest speaker level). I would best describe this as "morse code" / "metal on metal soft knocking." The sound is faint and can be muffled out with music or driving with windows down.

After much effort, I localized the sound to the driver's car seat. I can replicate it by sitting on the driver seat and pushing down on the car seat at a certain angle with my hands. I cannot reproduce the sound if I am not sitting on it. This makes me think some metal part is being pushed down with me sitting on the car, and when there's a vertical up-and-down motion, it is touching another metal part.

I like to drive in silence, and this ticking noise annoys me every time I drive. Does anyone have a similar issue or any idea what might be causing this? Thank you!

same here idk why and how to fix this

Old 07-19-2024, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by mirza.q8
same here idk why and how to fix this
just trying to follow were you able to get it fixed?

Old 07-19-2024, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by randomuser0987

did you get it fixed? Or were you able to know where that noise came from?

Old 07-20-2024, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by mirza.q8
did you get it fixed? Or were you able to know where that noise came from?
Maybe in the future take a look at the date response information on the thread. Also look at the OP information to see when the last time they ever return to post on any thread?