Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Triple Safety System Error Messages

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 11:45 AM
Default Triple Safety System Error Messages

This morning I start up my 2018 CX-5 Touring, and I get three error messages (I don't recall the exact wording):

Front camera not working;
City brake monitoring system not working;
Brake monitoring system not working.

I decide to do the old computer not working trick and shut off the car. I wait a moment and restart it, only to find the errors messages still come on. So I decide to ignore them for now and do my shopping.

When I get back into the car after an hour I found that when I started up the car the error messages were gone, and everything was working fine.

So, do I bring the car to dealer to have this checked out, or just ignore it as a computer bug? I've only had it for a month (almost), and it has 1000 miles on it.

Thanks,

Stuart

Old 04-08-2018, 01:38 PM

Not having those features on my '13, my educated guess would be something like snow or ice obscured the front camera (behind the "M" grille logo) which triggered the fault codes. If those environmental conditions pass and the codes don't reappear, I would be inclined to shine it on. However, that said, if it's convenient for you to drop the car by a dealer and have the codes read to be sure it's nothing more, it wouldn't be a bad idea.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator

Front camera is mounted beside the rear view mirror. Its used for multiple safety systems.

Comon for them to get moisture/ condensation in them.

Old 04-09-2018, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
Front camera is mounted beside the rear view mirror. Its used for multiple safety systems.

Comon for them to get moisture/ condensation in them.
Really!? What’s behind the grille emblem then? Is that only the adaptive cruise device? I

Old 05-26-2018, 09:15 AM

Update:

I haven't had anymore errors messages regarding the radar safety systems (city brake/ cruise control/highway brake) since that one time, but I have had many "camera malfunction" errors, including one yesterday morning and this morning. This had been happening about once a week, or every other week, but seems to becoming more frequent. Windshield is clean over camera, on a nice, clear sunny day. Infact I brought to the stealership this morning to ask about it. The tech checked the car briefly, and said that it's a common occurrence. Is it? Safety systems are useless if they don't work properly.

Another gripe is that the blind spot monitoring system is either too sensitive, or out of adjustment on this car. Yesterday I was at a light, waiting to make a left turn. There was a school bus behind me, and the system beeped thinking that there was a vehicle in my blind spot.

I'm beginning to feel that I should have leased the base Sport model instead, since I wouldn't have these "wonderful" systems to annoy me.

Old 06-17-2018, 07:09 PM

Check the battery cables for tightness. Not saying it's the problem but it's a quick check