Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Ugh...back to the dealer...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2021, 07:49 PM
Default Ugh...back to the dealer...

So, it's a nice day here in NJ, so I figure I'd do some stuf outside detailing and otherwise. So I put a stain blocker thingeee on my car's carpet and left the windows open so it can properly dry. Ok so far so good. Doing' other stuff and then I hear a beeping from my trunk area, beep, beep, beep..... Didn't know what the heck it was so I get in my CX-5, figuring turning on the engine would "fix" that issue. Wrong. Car would not turn on and I started getting all sorts of malfunction warnings in the dash - most frequently the KEY Malfunction warning.

So I called the dealer and he walked me through the key reset thing - didn't work. Soooo the car would still not turn on and I called Mazda Roadside Assistance and got the battery charged. Cart runs BUT the Check Engine Light is still on, so another visit to the dealer is on for tomorrow,.
I'm really a loss as to what can be the issue. Kinda ticks me off - 4 months old. Hopefully, whatever it is will be sorted out tomorrow. An unneeded waste of my time - especially after the waste of time bs dealer meeting I had today - but that's another story for another post. But I gotta say, so far the Mazda Dealership experience is so very disappointing.

Last edited by bobm; 04-08-2021 at 08:36 AM.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:03 PM

Update, I wanted to check once again to see if Check Engine Light was still on, so I tried to start the car. Car would not start - low battery in key message came on. Usef my other key, the engine started and Check Engine Light went off. Will change that battery but will be keeping a very close eye out for any signs of problems.

Old 04-08-2021, 07:54 AM

"tain blocker thingeee on my car's carpet"

What's this?

Old 04-08-2021, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Conrad 16.5
"tain blocker thingeee on my car's carpet"

What's this?
Sorry, Stain blocker.

Old 04-08-2021, 11:40 AM

Ok, so I went to a Mazda dealer to get an early oil change and explained the situation. So they checked it out and all seemed to be ok. But the Service Person mentioned that the battery could drain be drained if - as I had mentioned, I had the trunk open for an hour or so. There was no trunk light on, but she said it would/could drain the battery? I have never heard of that, but caan that possible be a reason?

Old 04-08-2021, 08:56 PM

Had the same issue, almost exactly - I was on the road that week and around mid day, I went to lunch and when I came back from lunch, "thought" I locked the car and went to the job site. A few hours later, no battery. After getting a boost, I drove home (500 km). It's fine now and didn't have to replace the battery. The road side assistance guy said that I must have left something running!