Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

ULTRAGAUGE and MAZDA CX-5

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2022, 08:52 AM
Default ULTRAGAUGE and MAZDA CX-5

So I got my new little ULTRAGAUGE EMplus.

I start to set it up. It starts to operate. It generates a DTC 2610 warning every 20 seconds, which you can disable. OK.

I reach a destination, turn off the ignition, Gauge does NOT power off. Look at the Manual at the Power-Off Detect Mode.

There are FIVE setting in Power Detect Mode to get the ULTRAGAUGE to figure out you have turned off the ignition and it

should shut down. Setting 1 doesn't work. Setting 2 doesn't work. Ad infinitum. Finally, Power-Detect Mode No. 5 SEEMS to work, MOST OF THE TIME, NOT ALL.

I am concerned to leave the Car and come back to find my battery drained. Otherwise continuing Set Up.

Not greatly please so far. Just commenting on my experience. Thank you. RMV

Old 03-03-2022, 09:34 AM

Ok, the ultra-gauge can be left on for at least 24 hours and will not drain the battery to the point of no start. I actaully left it on for 3 days and my battery voltage went down to 11.25 volts. My low battery warning is set fopr 10.75 and then the piezo horn sound off letting me know that I left something on. LOL There is a learning curve on some installations that we need to go through. Trust me I went through a few frustrations setting it up on my BMW/MINI years ago.
You should be reading during boot up registering the basic for MAZDA 65-105 available areas to monitor. See what it says? Also, if the battery is below 12.5(approx..) volts the Ultra Gauge will not receive the ECU signal voltage registry correctly. This is why you need to be patient to find the correct ignition on/off Mode setting.

Just be patient... your ECU is no different than mine in my Mazda with respect to the programing or the OBDII diagnostic information received from the ECU.

Last edited by Callisto; 03-03-2022 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-03-2022, 09:51 AM

Ok. Got it. Thank you Callisto. Will you be my Priest and I will do my Confession:

2-3 nights ago, I got home, turned off my ignition. Screen stayed on on the ULTRAGAUGE. I figured maybe it takes a while to turn off? Don't know. ULTRA manual says what you
just said, uses very small amount of electricity. I assumed that to mean with the Screen on, but maybe it meant plugged in to the DTC connection with Screen off?

Meant to come out in half-hour/hour to check if it finally turned off. Instead, forgot and fell asleep. Cold here in the Northeast (maybe 15-20 degrees F. overnight). Next Morning, say to myself, "Oh Sh_t", forgot to go outside to the Car. Rush out, push ignition button, Car dead. ULTRAGAUGE now off (LOL!) of course!

Second time I drained Battery on Car a few months old!! First time was when I left it in Drive, forgot to put shifter in Park as I was distracted. Killed battery.

Two Times!! (LOL!!). So, put battery on trickle charger and slowly brought it back. Drives fine now but I don't imagine this Battery will go 5-7 Years.

Thank you, Father Callisto for hearing my confession. Best, RMV

Old 03-03-2022, 10:02 AM

So my next door neighbor, a Russian immigrant (You know them? the Russians?). He is a *****.

He says what are you doing? I said I am 'trickle charging my battery'. He says, "Do what you want, but you are wasting your time. You have to waste? Go ahed."

Then he asks me, "how many volts does a car battery have?" I say it is a 12V system. He says, "Yes. and there are six compartments, and each has 2V. When you

discharge your battery, you kill a couple of the compartments, so you will not have 12V anymore. Go spend $150 and get a new battery."

He didn't threaten to bomb me with cluster bombs yet, but maybe next time he will.

Old 03-03-2022, 10:37 AM

rolmao........

Old 03-03-2022, 11:35 AM

Which part? The Confession Box? Or the Russian As__hole? Or both? I may accidentally shoot an RPG into his House tonight.

Old 03-03-2022, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by reubenvabner
Which part? The Confession Box? Or the Russian As__hole? Or both? I may accidentally shoot an RPG into his House tonight.
The "The Russian" hahahahahaha

Below is how it should work once you get it set up. A short I took a few minutes agoerrand I took pictures from start up to return and engine shut down:

l