Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Unlock Navigator While Moving

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 08:51 PM
Default Unlock Navigator While Moving

Is it possible to unlock the navigation sytem while the car is moving. I understand Mazda's concern for the driver not to input addresses while driving but the passenger certainly can !

Old 10-15-2017, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by gbwiii
Is it possible to unlock the navigation sytem while the car is moving. I understand Mazda's concern for the driver not to input addresses while driving but the passenger certainly can !
There are devices and software for some makes that will do this, but I am unaware of any for Mazda at this time. I have done it on my Jeep Grand Cherokee and I didn't hook the aftermarket unit in my MX5 to the transmission so it isn't locked. It's nice to have my wife do the navigation changes while I'm driving because the voice controls don't always seem to understand my commands. I think there should be an unlock switch in the passenger seat so it is unlocked when there is a passenger to handle things.

Nanny strikes again.

Old 10-15-2017, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by schmieg
There are devices and software for some makes that will do this, but I am unaware of any for Mazda at this time. I have done it on my Jeep Grand Cherokee and I didn't hook the aftermarket unit in my MX5 to the transmission so it isn't locked. It's nice to have my wife do the navigation changes while I'm driving because the voice controls don't always seem to understand my commands. I think there should be an unlock switch in the passenger seat so it is unlocked when there is a passenger to handle things.

Nanny strikes again.
Thanks - Yes if the passenger seat is occupied then it shoukd unlock all the radio and navigation options ! Wish i woukd have know this before i bought the car last week, guess i'll use my iphone to navigate !

Old 10-16-2017, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by gbwiii

Yes, there is a simple way and I've done it, works perfectly.

See this thread for how to. Be aware that this 'hack' only works for certain versions of the system software.

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...on-*not-a-hack*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY8y...ature=youtu.be

Old 10-16-2017, 08:42 AM

I will give it a try !!

Thank you very much in advance !

Old 10-16-2017, 06:52 PM

I have version 59.00.446 and it Didn't work, you get as far as the screen that you hold the DEL button for 20 seconds and nothing happens, doesn't advance to the next screen as mentioned in the YouTube video.

Oh well :-(

Thanks