Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Updating Nav System SD Card

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2023, 12:35 AM
Default Mazda navigation update.

I own a 2015 Mazda 3, I have just updated the maps on my navigation SD card as I have let it lapse for a few years. To do this you need to go into the Mazda site on your computer and download the Mazda Toolbox, from there you will need to register your details if you haven't already registered. Retrieve your SD card from your car, put into a card reader that will take your SD card, then plug the card reader into your computer and follow the instructions in the toolbox. when we did ours we had the option of a 1 year or 3 year subscription. We went for the 3 year. It said the subscription was last updated November 2022 and will update every 6 months, you will have to remove the SD card and do the above process for each 6 month update. Have not found out if there is any notification when updates have bean applied.

When you go to pay they give you a few choices, we paid with Paypal for added protection, Paypal gave us two choices of money transaction either in US Dollars or Euro. Thought that strange so went to a currency conversion site to convert it back to Australian Dollars. It was approximately $316.00.for the 3 years. We accepted that but when the final receipt came through it was $325.00 Australian. depending on the time of transaction currency conversion can differ slightly. Transaction took place 11/02/2023. After payment will download onto your SD card, this could take a couple of minutes. Please check there ample room to download the information on your SD card before preceding. This can be found in the top left hand side of the toolbox when the SD card has been read.

Hope the above information can be of help to anyone considering updating the Mazda Maps.