Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

USB playback. The menu keeps reverting to repeat and the sings go back to the same t

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2022, 05:36 PM
Default USB playback. The menu keeps reverting to repeat and the sings go back to the same t

This is my second Mazda playing music with USB. 11,000 on my 2020. Suddenly after working fine the USB resets to the same song each time and I noticed that "repeat" is engaged. I turn that off and once I turn off the car and back on it is back on repeat. It has always on the past resumed where it left off. I tried another USB and it did the same thing.

I have found complaints about other glitches but not this one. I have not tried resetting or anything yet.

Any ideas?

Old 01-30-2022, 07:44 AM

Mine does this from time to time while listening to music from the USB. The music will restart from the very first song in the first folder on the flash drive, in the current case, that would be The Eagles Doolin Daltons on the Desperado album. Any other time the music picks up from where it left off.

What I have noticed on mine is that this restart only seems to occur when I've started the car (or turned the ignition on) and shut it off before the infotainment system had a chance to fully finish 'booting'.

Old 01-30-2022, 04:27 PM

Thank you. Mine is not sporadic. I am not sure if I ever did what you mentioned. I don't understand why the repeat option has changed every time I start the car again. I turn it off and it is always back on. I doubt I ever used repeat to begin with. I don't know if the two are related but it certainly isn't repeating the song I left off with.

Originally Posted by Conrad 16.5
Mine does this from time to time while listening to music from the USB. The music will restart from the very first song in the first folder on the flash drive, in the current case, that would be The Eagles Doolin Daltons on the Desperado album. Any other time the music picks up from where it left off.

What I have noticed on mine is that this restart only seems to occur when I've started the car (or turned the ignition on) and shut it off before the infotainment system had a chance to fully finish 'booting'.

Old 01-31-2022, 07:39 AM

When mine restarts under the conditions that I described above. The repeat will be turned on with the folder where the Eagles lives selected for repeat play.

Old 01-31-2022, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by VickiC
Thank you. Mine is not sporadic. I am not sure if I ever did what you mentioned. I don't understand why the repeat option has changed every time I start the car again. I turn it off and it is always back on. I doubt I ever used repeat to begin with. I don't know if the two are related but it certainly isn't repeating the song I left off with.
Thank you. I appreciate the responses.

Old 02-01-2022, 09:26 AM

In my case, at one point repeat and shuffle was the default for some reason. But it does not do that anymore.

Old 02-01-2022, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by M4C3
In my case, at one point repeat and shuffle was the default for some reason. But it does not do that anymore.
Did you change or do anything to correct it?

Old 08-27-2024, 03:56 PM

My Mazda2 resets itself occasionally, no pattern to it, every few days I start the car up and it's reset to the first track on the USB stick, and shuffle is turned off, so I have to turn shuffle back on, I also find it plays the same songs in the same order on shuffle time after time after time.

Twice this afternoon it reset itself but it was a stop start journey, doesn't usually have anything to do with the system finishing booting but it does happen every few days.

Had the car almost 8 years this is the one annoyance... Plus the sat nav woman saying 4 digit road numbers in full after my last update 🙄