Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Used CX-5 Advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2021, 12:57 PM
Question Used CX-5 Advice

Hi all. Looking to buy a used CX-5 and open to any all advice. Was contemplating between a number of the sub-compact SUV's (Rogue, Santa Fe, CX-5) and am leaning toward a 2018 CX-5 Touring. The good news as there are many to choose from on my area (Chicagoland) but these are priced with very little depreciation over what they cast new. I know, a sign of the times...Couple of questions, the navigation looks a bit dated in the brief time I saw it, do you all agree with that? I know there you can add Apple CarPlay. Has that gone well and work well?

The pricing I am seeing for a low mileage Touring (with sunroof) is right around $27,500? Do you think there is still room to negotiate these days?

Old 12-25-2021, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by jkeck
Hi all. Looking to buy a used CX-5 and open to any all advice. Was contemplating between a number of the sub-compact SUV's (Rogue, Santa Fe, CX-5) and am leaning toward a 2018 CX-5 Touring. The good news as there are many to choose from on my area (Chicagoland) but these are priced with very little depreciation over what they cast new. I know, a sign of the times...Couple of questions, the navigation looks a bit dated in the brief time I saw it, do you all agree with that? I know there you can add Apple CarPlay. Has that gone well and work well?

The pricing I am seeing for a low mileage Touring (with sunroof) is right around $27,500? Do you think there is still room to negotiate these days?
Come January and February loads of brand new CX-5's will arrive at dealers store lots. My guess is that in the next several weeks there will be a decline in prices for new 2021 models and pre owned 2020,19,18 etc...

Old 12-26-2021, 07:15 AM

You're right about the navigation package being dated. I much prefer using my Garmin GPS.

But the CX-5 has been a great choice for me!

MiltB

Old 12-27-2021, 01:39 PM

IMHO the Rogue is not even in the same class as the Santa Fe or the CX-5.
I liked my Santa-Fe except for the driver's side arm rest which is positioned too high for me, and no seat adjustment could counter it.
I drive my vehicles mostly with my left hand with elbow resting on the door arm rest.
I love my CX-5, the paddle shifters and the sportier handling have much to do with that.
Though I must say it has the same fit and finish as makes that are much more expensive.
Towing capacity is better than most others in size class as well (unless you're a Jeep person, I had one and that was enough).
The Nav is definitely dated and a PITA to operate but it does work fine once you get used to it.
Or you can just bring your Garmin along ;-)