Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

what controls the GPS/Navigation display?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2023, 08:11 PM
Default what controls the GPS/Navigation display?

After nearly two years, I'm mostly used to the Infotainment system. Things I can't figure out:

1) what controls exactly what is displayed while navigating? Specifically, sometimes the map/direction portion of the GPS output is full screen, and other times, its only about 80% of the width (biased left) with a vertical display of what is available at the next exits (gas station, food, etc.). I have no idea when the exit information will show up, how to make it go away or appear.

2) the GPS display loves so zoom into a tiny scale that shows the loops on an Interstate cloverleaf. I never want that. I am constantly twisting the main infotainment **** to zoom out. I want to see the next 20 to 30 miles, not the next 100 feet. Is there a way to keep it from zooming in so close you can see there the rabbit holes are?

3) Most of the time, when I am navigating, the current song title is displayed in a small band on the lower right corner of the screen. Usually, when you can see this, you can also see the predicted arrival time and miles to go in the bottom band on the lower left corner of the screen. But sometimes the GPS takes up the whole screen. What controls this? Is there a setting to make it consistent?

Old 03-08-2023, 08:01 AM

All those settings can be adjusted, and the information is in your owner's manual and/or navigation manual (or can be found on the internet).
Or you can open up the settings for the Nav and just wing it for yourself.
However, being this is something you apparently have never done in two years of ownership, I would suggest the following.
Checking out various YouTube tutorials that can show you how to do this.