Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

What is NORMAL temperature of cx 5 reading?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2021, 11:28 AM
Default What is NORMAL temperature of cx 5 reading?

Can someone tell me what their cx 5 normal tempreture is?
Mine is showing about 98 degrees
i have a 2021 turbo signature which is giving me 17km Litre.
Please share
Thanks

Old 10-24-2021, 11:48 AM

If you meant 98c and not F then that would be within normal range.

While your engine operating speed and ambient can slightly effect the coolant it should still be between 190f - 210f normal range . The IAT should be without city stop and go or slow speeds or boosting about 10-15 degrees above ambient.

Last edited by Callisto; 10-24-2021 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-24-2021, 01:20 PM
Default No coolant. Normal temperature shows about 98 Centigrade

Hi Thanks for the prompt reply. I am a car buff, but this is my first Mazda car i picked up 2 weeks ago. I noticed it has no coolant in the overflow bottle, and none visible when i removed the radiator cap. The temperature needle sits a tad under 100 C, about 98 I estimate. I am in Ontario, Canada.
I will be taking it to dealer to check.
Also has condensation in rear passenger tail light. The notes someone here sent me, shows that's normal on new Mazda car, and it will evaporate. Do LED bulbs produce heat to evaporate? News to me.

Not that happy with my first new car as a senior citizen. The car i gave in part exchange to them, was 16 years old and ran like a RR, never let me down and i did my own maintenance.
I also have not had much luck after testing the auto brake feature under any speed. I have set the speed limit and full 6 car lengths radar on clock. But is does not appear to slow down or brake even when one car length behind car in front. Not sure what i am doing wrong. Will check manual again.
Any feedback tips welcome.
thanks

Old 10-24-2021, 01:29 PM

your "...auto brake feature... " or whatever Mazda calls it, works when you are using cruise control,

the operating temperature is normal ... around town in cold winter it may not come up quite that warm but what you see is normal.

get the cx5 to the dealer to look at and rectify the coolant levels

Be patient with your new cx5. It is a fantastic vehicle. Moving from a 16 year old trusty vehicle (as I did almost 2 years ago into a 2019 Signature turbo) may require some getting used to, but soon you will not be disappointed.

Last edited by SoulRedCX-5; 10-24-2021 at 01:42 PM.
Old 10-24-2021, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mazdagus
Can someone tell me what their cx 5 normal tempreture is?
Mine is showing about 98 degrees
i have a 2021 turbo signature which is giving me 17km Litre.
Please share
Thanks
98°C=~208°F which seems high. My FTR runs 198°F which, if the conversion table is correct,
=91°C.

My 2¢

Old 10-24-2021, 02:10 PM

The coolant may simply have been over looked during the delivery inspection? Nothing you posted indicates a problem with operating temperature's and the coolant only needs to be topped off with MAZDA coolant. The tail lights should not have moisture, have the dealer look at it but I would insist a replacement.

Old 10-24-2021, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Dennis Wendt
98°C=~208°F which seems high. My FTR runs 198°F which, if the conversion table is correct,
=91°C.

My 2¢
No this is NOT high and as you may think it is for your personal operating location in the Factory Service Manual it is absolutely normal Don't scare members with your information until you first look into MAZDA service information and better All-Data or a Factory Service Manual.

I might also mention that unless the OBDII diagnostic connector is accessed and confirmed the cooling temperature with a external none connected diagnostic tool your MAZDA may be indicating a lower temperature but in reality may also be what every one else that owns a Skyactiv MAZDA should be reading? Your MAZDA may not be correctly reading the coolant temperature? HA!

I can tell you before I made changes with my MAZDA the reading were dead on what I posted as normal and as I said inline with MAZDA Factory Service information.

One other thing no one even myself asked specifically how and what type of driving the OP was reading the temperatures? Driving condition and style can effect the average or noticed coolant temperatures.

Last edited by Callisto; 10-24-2021 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-24-2021, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
If you meant 98c and not F then that would be within normal range.

While your engine operating speed and ambient can slightly effect the coolant it should still be between 190f - 210f normal range . The IAT should be without city stop and go or slow speeds or boosting about 10-15 degrees above ambient.
dennis , READ THIS ^^^ I guess you missed it before you posted ?

Old 10-25-2021, 07:38 AM

Hi, Many thanks for the wonderful replies. The cx 5 turbo has 145km on it. I have not even had a chance to use the SPORT function on it as of yet. I am not an aggressive driver and the car has not been driven higher than local road speed limits, and I am waiting for it to break in for 1000km. I hope the low coolant is just a minor problem overlooked by dealer on delivery 2 weeks ago when i picked up vehicle. I have not taken it onto the highways yet.
Taking it into dealer today.
Question: how does the Mazda app communicate with my cell phone at night to tell me STATUS, my door is OPEN, when i am in the house and car in garage? The car has navigation option active, which i got but did not psy any additional activation fees that i know of. Also how long will these maps last, before they STOP. Ie. 1 or 3 years??
Thanks

Old 10-25-2021, 08:58 AM
Default Do newer Mazda still rust underneath?

Originally Posted by SoulRedCX-5
your "...auto brake feature... " or whatever Mazda calls it, works when you are using cruise control,

the operating temperature is normal ... around town in cold winter it may not come up quite that warm but what you see is normal.

get the cx5 to the dealer to look at and rectify the coolant levels

Be patient with your new cx5. It is a fantastic vehicle. Moving from a 16 year old trusty vehicle (as I did almost 2 years ago into a 2019 Signature turbo) may require some getting used to, but soon you will not be disappointed.
Question:-
How has your Mazda held up without rust proofing? The dealer told me, if the rust proofing has holes drilled in body for rust proofing, and rust forms around the holes, it might impact your warranty. I would like to hear how 4 to 5 year old vehicles are standing up to snow, salt. Is there any rust under your car, if it was not rust proofed.
Thank you

Quick Reply: What is NORMAL temperature of cx 5 reading?