Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

What's the mileage on your CX-5

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2021, 07:32 AM

Around 30k miles

Old 12-14-2021, 07:41 AM

I traded a 2016 with 98,000 miles and zero problems, I now have a 2021 Signature with only 7,100 miles, but no issues with it, either. I previously owned a 2005 Miata and a 2010 Mazda6. All great cars, do regular maintenance and you should have no worries.

Old 12-14-2021, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
About as well as you would expect a Japanese designed/built car would last. They are great machines.
what about the MAZDA's built in MEXICO? lol

Old 12-14-2021, 01:49 PM

Sort of like the Apple computers built in China

Old 12-14-2021, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Lobstah
Sort of like the Apple computers built in China
Yup and how about this one BMW's built in Ingland

Old 12-15-2021, 07:05 AM

Yeah, I think the list would endless.
Having worked in various manufacturing facilities I'm not partial to American quality when it comes to motor vehicles.
American manufacturing quality is great in certain areas, but motor vehicles isn't one of them (excluding Mars rovers).
The US is almost always on the bottom of the list when it comes to making the most reliable and best built vehicles.
That carries over to foreign company facilities that manufacture here, has much to do with the attitude of the workers and the companies.
South Korea (had great experience with my SantaFe) has surpassed Japan and Germany in nearly every category now.
Yes, the US ranks top in pick-up trucks, but they have had minimal competition that arena.
But look out, South Korea is finally starting to promote them here which might be the beginning of a "new wave".
Being an old-geezer, my CX-5 is likely my last new vehicle. If I live long enough the next transport will be fully electric.
I suspect fully electric will be a requirement in the not too distance future anyway.
With the USA reluctantly dragging its *** kicking and screaming into that category.
I don't count Tesla, no reliability there.

Old 12-15-2021, 09:51 AM

Lobstah I think you may want to do a little fact checking on the history of auto manufacturing. Also look how many foreign companies build their vehicle's still in the USA. As for reliability not sure how that works out if you do the math on produced cars and % of known problems. The foreign manufacturing is still the top in that area but that support the fact that they also manufacture more vehicles?

I am old enough to remember the slogan BUY AMERICAN for quality!

Having personally owned over 150 vehicles (so far), and having possibly serviced in the thousands, I found no one manufacture had better reliability or quality then another. They all had their quirks and issues.
ASE

Old 12-15-2021, 11:40 AM
NEO

Originally Posted by Yellowdart69
This is our first Mazda, and I'm wondering how they hold up, over time.
2015 GT CX-5 with 170,000.

So far I have just done brakes, oil changes, tires, front wheel bearings, spark plugs, and oxygen sensor. Getting ready to do struts, shocks, rear wheel bearings, and transmission fluid change. No major issues so far. I consider everything I have done so far normal wear and tear items. It has been an excellent car. Hoping to drive it one more year then give it to my daughter to drive to high school. Maybe looking at that CX-50 or something electric depending on what is available when I am ready.

Old 12-15-2021, 11:41 AM

No doubt US was once the leading auto manufacturer, after all Henry Ford invented assembly line vehicle production for the masses.
Foreign companies build here to avoid US tariffs/quotas and import taxes.
The motor vehicle statistics for reliability/known problems/issues are readily available from several sources.
All are based on total units built, while some will break it down in additional categories (still on the road, model type, etc.)
I'm old enough to remember that slogan as well but we didn't have a single foreign car dealership in my area until 1966 (VW)
I'm more a motorcycle guy when it comes to mechanical knowledge, maintenance and racing and my opinion backed by statistically published facts can tell you which brand is the most reliable.
With all that said I loved my 1966 Lemans but I went through 3 transmission and a timing chain in 3 years I owned it.

Old 12-15-2021, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Lobstah
With all that said I loved my 1966 Lemans but I went through 3 transmission and a timing chain in 3 years I owned it.
Well now see this is where I wonder about how your car was maintained? You see your model came with either a power glide virtually indestructible or a TH350. If you pushed the power the 1st gear pack would shear smooth. But that would mean performance driving. Now you could have swapped out a TH400 and never had any problems up to say 425WHP. After which you would have had to rebuilt with at least a B&M rebuild kit.
I owned a few GOATs and even a Lemans like yours. lol
Now as for the timing chain well that would have depended on the miles and the oil changes. If you snapped it that would mean performance driving, if you jumped a gear then that would be high mileage wear. That had nothing to do with the quality or reliability of the Pontiac!
And as for Motorcycles that is a whole subject on its own. My motorcycling started with SST's,DKW, Macos's, BullTaco's, and even the normal YZ's, SL's, CR's, KW's, Hodaka's and a few others. No Harleys although I did manage the parts department at Armondo Magree HD at one time.

Oh and I love the wheels on your Pontiac........have had Cragar's or American Racing on several of my past cars. Even have a set on my MAZDA.
American Racing

Last edited by Callisto; 12-15-2021 at 01:13 PM.

Quick Reply: What's the mileage on your CX-5