Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Where is the turbo engine manufactured?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2022, 08:26 AM
Default Where is the turbo engine manufactured?

The CX-5 is currently only assembled in Japan (I think?). But where is the CX-5 2.5T engine sourced from, Japan, US, or? Perhaps the window sticker might state the parts proportions by country?

Old 11-24-2022, 08:50 AM
Cool

My sticker states that 90% of the CX-5 parts were sourced in Japan. The engine was among them..

Old 11-24-2022, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by CarpeDiem
My sticker states that 90% of the CX-5 parts were sourced in Japan. The engine was among them..
Thanks for the helpful reply. Just starting to think of getting a new CX-5, waiting until the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the dealerships gets a bit louder.

Old 11-24-2022, 10:17 AM

The parts and where they are manufactured is different than "sourced". Assembled in can and often means that the parts may have come from many countries. As far as I am aware there is no regulation that states for auto manufactures to show where all the parts are manufactured only the plant that they are assembled in?
Anyone can go to a dealership of any platform and single part in a part's "bin" can have the same exact part number and the parts come from several different countries.

Trust me it's a royal PIA when a customer has some personal thoughts about their belief system when it comes to parts and "DEMADS" that we do not use a part that was manufacture in country "X,Y or Z! And wants not only the old part but the packaging of the part we replaced. ROLMAO. I deliver them naturally as always with a smile!

Old 11-24-2022, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
The parts and where they are manufactured is different than "sourced". Assembled in can and often means that the parts may have come from many countries. As far as I am aware there is no regulation that states for auto manufactures to show where all the parts are manufactured only the plant that they are assembled in?
Anyone can go to a dealership of any platform and single part in a part's "bin" can have the same exact part number and the parts come from several different countries.

Trust me it's a royal PIA when a customer has some personal thoughts about their belief system when it comes to parts and "DEMADS" that we do not use a part that was manufacture in country "X,Y or Z! And wants not only the old part but the packaging of the part we replaced. ROLMAO. I deliver them naturally as always with a smile!
My poor choice of words: should have used the word “assembled” rather than “manufactured”. I was just curious as to where the lump came from. I used to have an Ozzie-built 2005 “GTO” that had a US-assembled GM V8/6-spd that was shipped to Australia, installed in the car at the GM Holden factory, and then made its return ocean trip to the Pontiac dealer. Wonder who came up with those logistics… The car was brilliant. Yes, it was really a LHD Monaro, great fun to drive, and got (I think) a stupidly poor press in the US. Since the GTO, I have always been interested in what comes from where, hence my CX-5 question.

Old 11-24-2022, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by SCMike
My poor choice of words: should have used the word “assembled” rather than “manufactured”. I was just curious as to where the lump came from. I used to have an Ozzie-built 2005 “GTO” that had a US-assembled GM V8/6-spd that was shipped to Australia, installed in the car at the GM Holden factory, and then made its return ocean trip to the Pontiac dealer. Wonder who came up with those logistics… The car was brilliant. Yes, it was really a LHD Monaro, great fun to drive, and got (I think) a stupidly poor press in the US. Since the GTO, I have always been interested in what comes from where, hence my CX-5 question.
auh I understand.... I owned a 1st Generation PT Cruiser half the parts were manufactured in US and a few other countries, and all assembled in Mexico.
Nothing against the Mexican manufacturing but I am happy my Mazda was "assembled" in Japan.
And my 2 Mini Coopers , technically are actually BMW's assembled in England. LOL Parts are made just about everywhere.