Mazda CX-50 This Crossoverr SUV is for folks who want to get out and go off-road!

Android Auto Connection Issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2024, 02:42 PM
Default Android Auto Connection Issues

I drive a 2024 TPP. I connect my phone via android auto mostly without any issues. However, while driving I'll have a periodic issue where my music will "skip" or lag.

It's not a huge issue and is typically subtle, but it's been pretty consistently doing this since I bought the car about a month ago.

It seems more likely to skip when I first start driving, coming to a full stop, or initially accelerating up to speed.

I've checked for updates and there are none. At first I thought maybe it had something to do with the phone itself perhaps coming off and on the charger and it was simply my phone lagging as a result, but this doesn't seem to be the case, as I have a Samsung ultra that fits snugly in the wireless charger and never fails to charge and its also happened with my phone in my pocket.

Has anyone else had a similar issue with a solution? My main concern is a hardware issue that I might need to get checked out on my infotainment.

Old 02-27-2024, 11:31 AM

Welcome to the forum

Old 03-12-2024, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by FreddyM
I drive a 2024 TPP. I connect my phone via android auto mostly without any issues. However, while driving I'll have a periodic issue where my music will "skip" or lag.

It's not a huge issue and is typically subtle, but it's been pretty consistently doing this since I bought the car about a month ago.

It seems more likely to skip when I first start driving, coming to a full stop, or initially accelerating up to speed.

I've checked for updates and there are none. At first I thought maybe it had something to do with the phone itself perhaps coming off and on the charger and it was simply my phone lagging as a result, but this doesn't seem to be the case, as I have a Samsung ultra that fits snugly in the wireless charger and never fails to charge and its also happened with my phone in my pocket.

Has anyone else had a similar issue with a solution? My main concern is a hardware issue that I might need to get checked out on my infotainment.
I have a 2024 Mazda CX50 2.5T PP bought Jan 31, 2024. Build date 12/24 and my charger is not working with Android. Everything else works fine and no issues. My Android is a Samsung 5G A71.