Mazda CX-50 This Crossoverr SUV is for folks who want to get out and go off-road!

Brand New CX-50 Infotainment Crashing

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2024, 09:00 AM
Angry Brand New CX-50 Infotainment Crashing

Just picked up my new 2024 Mazda CX-50 Turbo Premium yesterday,
While still in the dealer lot setting up all my connectivity (Android Auto, My Mazda app and Sirius XM) I had the radio shut off and restart about 10 times,
tried to have the service department check it over but they were close to closing and could not.

Currently the infotainment is resetting every 5-10 minutes which makes using android auto for navigation impossible (which is a major issue since I have a road trip coming up this weekend)

Before I make an appointment with Mazda I wanted to make sure there was nothing I can do at home that will fix this issue,

So far I have tried;
  • Factory reset of the infotainment
  • Checked for update on the infotainment (none avail)
  • Soft reset of the infotainment
  • Unpaired all android auto vehicles on my phone
  • Unpaired Bluetooth connection
  • Restarted my phone
  • Repaired everything again

Just on the way to work (20 minute drive) I had 3 resets, 3rd reset caused the infotainment to stay off and would not come on for 2-3 minutes.

Additional info: My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra (I doubt the phone is the issue as I had a 2020 Mazda 3 that I traded in that had 0 issues with the infotainment and Android Auto)

Truly hoping its a simple fix as I just got the vehicle would hate to have it stuck in the dealer when I just got the car.

Old 06-17-2024, 01:33 PM

UPDATE POST:

Tried every trick in the book with no luck, even with an IPhone connected the issue persisted, gave up and called the Dealership to make and appointment.

Went in today and was able to duplicate it within minutes with the Shop Foreman,
Received a loaner vehicle and the foreman spoke with Mazda Corporate and concluded that the culprit looks to be the CMU (connectivity master unit) which should come in a few days,
Fingers crossed this solves the issue as I have not gotten to truly enjoy my new CX-50 due to faulty infotainment system.

Old 06-17-2024, 02:36 PM

30,000 parts on a new car, one is bound to be faulty. That's what warranties are for. I hope it fixes your issue and you can move on happily.

Old 06-17-2024, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by ondersma80
30,000 parts on a new car, one is bound to be faulty. That's what warranties are for. I hope it fixes your issue and you can move on happily.
Absolutely agree, I was hopeful that it was something simple or something I was doing wrong to avoid visiting the dealer and not having my new car to enjoy, glad they are on it and working on resolving the issue.

Based on some threads on reddit there seems to be a good chunk of buyers with the same issue, unfortunately on here I didn't find much.
https://www.reddit.com/r/CX50/commen..._needs_fixing/

Old 08-05-2024, 08:02 PM
Default Resolution to your issue?

Originally Posted by AngelsAntagonist
Absolutely agree, I was hopeful that it was something simple or something I was doing wrong to avoid visiting the dealer and not having my new car to enjoy, glad they are on it and working on resolving the issue.

Based on some threads on reddit there seems to be a good chunk of buyers with the same issue, unfortunately on here I didn't find much.
https://www.reddit.com/r/CX50/commen..._needs_fixing/
Did your issue get resolved?

Old 08-06-2024, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Bob_M
Did your issue get resolved?
Yes thankfully the issue has been resolved, it was the connectivity module which was replaced by the dealer under warranty, I have had it back for about a month with 0 issues!

Old 08-30-2024, 07:03 AM
Default what I did to deal with infotainment crashing

Ny new 2024 CX50 bought in Dec 2023 did the same. Went back to dealer. They dumped info and sent to Mazda HQ in California.
No solution from them.

I gave up on trying to use my iPhone 14 with the CX50, unpaired it. Decided I would rather have map, music all the time than system
crashing and restarting every 10 minutes.

Once I gave up on phone use and no longer paired any phone, it has been fine. Dealer says no solution.