Mazda CX-50 This Crossoverr SUV is for folks who want to get out and go off-road!

Engine- acceleration issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2024, 05:39 PM
Default Engine- acceleration issues

I have the premium plus turbo which has 1200 miles. Just recently when I went to start and put it in drive it wouldn’t move. Finally after really pushing it jerked and moved but a AT code and engine light came on. Took it to the dealer and they couldn’t figure it out. Talked to me like I was crazy. Now the acceleration at 20 mph is sluggish. WTH .

Last edited by Copwtrips; 08-26-2024 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Dealer paperwork
Old 08-30-2024, 10:04 AM
Default New transmission

Well after my car acted up again the dealer said the codes showed issues to get a new transmission however there aren’t any available so they ordered one from the assembly line. At least I have a free loaner but I hope this doesn’t take forever.

Old 08-30-2024, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Copwtrips
Well after my car acted up again the dealer said the codes showed issues to get a new transmission however there aren’t any available so they ordered one from the assembly line. At least I have a free loaner but I hope this doesn’t take forever.
This being replaced under warranty correct.

Dealership and the service shop have a set time for finding and resolving a problem on a new vehcle. In this case from the first response, they did everything textbook letter perfect. The key wording is they could not duplicate your issue. I don't think they meant or intended to make you feel like you were crazy. The trouble with your transmission will never be known what caused the issue. It will either get a destroy notification from Mazda USA crop or a return to: notification? The decision to replace the transmission I am sure was the service department request and getting authorization to replace it under WARRATY. Some transmissions are not kept at close local dealerships and a dealer stock was done. If you were or able or just ask, I would not be surprised if the transmission came from another dealership that had one in inventory. Your service writer can give you an update on the shipping and delivery statues if you ask.