Mazda CX-50 This Crossoverr SUV is for folks who want to get out and go off-road!

Picked it up last night !

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2022, 02:57 PM
Default Picked it up last night !

Loving the CX-50 !

Old 04-06-2022, 04:04 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Is this your first Mazda?

Let us know your opinions now and when you get some miles on it.

Old 04-06-2022, 04:21 PM

I had a 1995 Miata and BMW's ever since. Coming from a 2017 330i XDrive. I am very impressed with this CX-50. Turbo Premium Plus. Loving the color combo and the highway ride. I've only done 50 miles so far...

Old 04-06-2022, 04:27 PM

A few more shots from last night. I think this was the first one sold at this dealer....

Old 04-16-2022, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by whole
I had a 1995 Miata and BMW's ever since. Coming from a 2017 330i XDrive. I am very impressed with this CX-50. Turbo Premium Plus. Loving the color combo and the highway ride. I've only done 50 miles so far...
probably going to place an order for a Soul Red Turbo today. How is the mileage so far?

Old 04-25-2022, 10:13 AM

Mileage has been so-so definitely a little less than advertised, but then again, I have a heavy foot. I just drove it from New York to Savannah, GA, so I've got about 1,800 miles on her so far.

Things I love: The traffic jam assist and radar cruise are awesome. Having the car handle the accelerator and brake pedals is a godsend on a 10 hour drive and works much better than I expected. I also love the quality of the switchgear and all of the controls in general.

Things that surprised me: The premium feel. I don't feel like I went downmarket at all from my '17 BMW 3 series. Everything works well, with a solid quality feel, particularly how this little SUV drives. Steering is great and brakes are the best I've ever used in an SUV. Let's hope they stay that way!

Two minor areas or things that feel "cheap": 1) When cranking the steering wheel at low speed or when stopped, the power steering system groans in an unbecoming manner. I suspect a trip to the dealer is in order, because it definitely doesn't seem consistent with the rest of the car and the pump may very well be defective. 2) the fake sound of the blinkers. This is minor, but it sounds like a low bitrate sample with some audio distortion built in, which makes them sound tinny and cheap. That's it. The car is a dream and I'm very happy so far...

Old 04-26-2022, 07:46 AM

Mileage has been so-so definitely a little less than advertised, but then again, I have a heavy foot. I just drove it from New York to Savannah, GA, so I've got about 1,800 miles on her so far.

Things I love: The traffic jam assist and radar cruise are awesome. Having the car handle the accelerator and brake pedals is a godsend on a 10 hour drive and works much better than I expected. I also love the quality of the switchgear and all of the controls in general.

Things that surprised me: The premium feel. I don't feel like I went downmarket at all from my '17 BMW 3 series. Everything works well, with a solid quality feel, particularly how this little SUV drives. Steering is great and brakes are the best I've ever used in an SUV. Let's hope they stay that way!

Two minor areas or things that feel "cheap": 1) When cranking the steering wheel at low speed or when stopped, the power steering system groans in an unbecoming manner. I suspect a trip to the dealer is in order, because it definitely doesn't seem consistent with the rest of the car and the pump may very well be defective. 2) the fake sound of the blinkers. This is minor, but it sounds like a low bitrate sample with some audio distortion built in, which makes them sound tinny and cheap. That's it. The car is a dream and I'm very happy so far...

I've had new cars and also rebuilt engines through the years. During the break in period, engines often have to work into operating tolerances. The last engine I rebuilt used a quart of oil the first 50 miles and none between oil changes for the next 25,000. After about 3000 miles, it was noticeably more efficient and powerful once it was broken in. Take your time during the break in period and follow the owners manual for that period. I also like to put a large ceramic magnet on oil filters to catch really small ferrous particles. With the cover under these cars (I'm assuming you have the plastic cover underneath like my 2016 CX-5) you can't really get to it.

Old 05-22-2022, 09:38 AM

A few more shots from last night. I think this was the first one sold at this dealer....

congrats. I have the same color. I got the Turbo PP. gas mileage has been pretty bad tbh. I’m around 16 -17 mpg

Old 05-23-2022, 01:03 PM

That looks really nice !

Old 05-26-2022, 01:39 PM
Default Seat comfort..

I haven't had the chance to sit in a CX-50 yet. But, I was wondering if you can feel the stripe that runs down the middle of the seat? I've seen one reviewer that said the seats felt like they were sitting on a piece of licorice.

Quick Reply: Picked it up last night !