Mazda CX-50 This Crossoverr SUV is for folks who want to get out and go off-road!

Traded my CX5 For The CX50

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2023, 01:53 PM

No problem thanks I will delete my account. I din't know that there are sensitive people on here who would be offended by my question. I even said it is a personal choice regarding style BUT you seem to be hurt and offended SORRY.

Old 02-08-2023, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Oats
No problem thanks I will delete my account. I din't know that there are sensitive people on here who would be offended by my question. I even said it is a personal choice regarding style BUT you seem to be hurt and offended SORRY.
BYE.

(by) the way I don't own that model MAZDA. But you as a new member should at least let members get to know you before you criticize in such a negative fashion. Good Luck on other forums maybe you learned something on how to start as a new member on forums in the future?

For all others this forum has the one of the greatest visitations of both members and no members (visitors) daily comparing other MAZDA forums.

Last edited by Callisto; 02-08-2023 at 02:51 PM.
Old 02-08-2023, 02:59 PM

I guees my account is still active hope the mods will delete for me. Unless you are going to answer the question please do not keep on sending me messages.

Why didn't you answer the question about how the CX 50 puts the CX 5 to shame? Ah too busy trying to come across as a keyboard warrior.

Old 04-17-2023, 08:27 AM
Default Traded a 2014 CX-5 for a 2023 CX-50 April 2023

I sold Mazda's in the early 90's, Became a fan from this experience, I sold on tech by researching the advantages vs using price to sell. Mazda has always been an innovator. Also every mazda I sold the first thing I would say on a test drive was you are going to feel the road when you drive a Mazda. My car selling experience lead me to buy a Mazda and keep up on the maintenance so I could own and drive for several years. I usually drive a car for 5 to 8 years putting on 150000 plus before getting a newer Mazda, Doing this I could pay cash for the newer Mazda. The 2014 cx-5 had 160000 miles, General maintenance tires, brakes, oil changes and transmission service. No rust, no alignment, original exhaust, all accessories worked, few paint chips, paint still looked very good. Gas mileage did not change from first mile to last mile, I always used 91 octane non ethanol had no issues with direct injection and carbon build up on valves It was time to get a newer vehicle, Looked at a Cx-5, very nice compared to the 2014. I really liked the look of the CX-50 compared to the CX-5. Another upgrade I wanted was a turbo. Found a local dealer with a CX-50 turbo. Test drove it and bought it the same day. The wider feel of the cockpit is much better than the CX-5, also the steering is more weighted and seems to have a smaller turning radius. The turbo will put you into your seat, and before you know it you are doing 80 mph. The wife found this out on her first time driving to work. We did have a receiver hitch installed buy the dealer, they gave us a 2023 cx-5 to drive. Driving the CX-5 for a day for both me and wife cemented the fact that we made the right choice in the CX-50. The feel, seat position, how it drives, visibility and comfort of the seats. Now will see how all the new tech from the 2014 holds up, I am not too afraid of the drive train, but all the systems that are incorporated.

Old 09-26-2023, 06:48 AM
Default Opinion

I see no issues with Oats comment. It's a forum, and he is stating his opinion on someone else rather blunt statements about the CX5.
Didn't know we had thought police here.

Old 09-26-2023, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Martman
I see no issues with Oats comment. It's a forum, and he is stating his opinion on someone else rather blunt statements about the CX5.
Didn't know we had thought police here.
The problem with this forum is Callisto and all the other know it all's who belittle any comment they disagree with, Notice that most threads stop at a few post and the author never post's again. I posted a few times only to be ridiculed, (Basiically for saying at 220 degree oil temp the oil starts to break down, 0w20 will evaporate at those temperatures which I have experienced in a cx-5, another was a 2.5 turbo makes 3 to 4 lbs at idle verified by mazda ecu) These *** hats with their ego so big Callisto probably has to have an over sized door to walk thru. This is how you leave a forum. Fact is I joined to learn about the 23 cx-50, learned pretty quickly this is not the place.

Last edited by lewbraz1; 09-26-2023 at 08:18 PM.
Old 12-16-2023, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by LizN
This car absolutely puts the CX5 to shame.

I am glad you like your CX-50 but that's no reason for you to throw shade at a CX-5.

Old 02-19-2024, 11:31 AM

i will be in the market at some point once my subaru dies...i am looking at the 5 and the 50 as options...they have about the same amount of cargo space but from what i understand the 50 has less vertical and more horizontal...already looking into how the horizontal dimensions (floor areas) differ...also have read that the seats in the 50 are not as comfortable as the 5...how is the road noise between both?...the other thing is i would be looking for leather and drivers seat memory...so i assume i would be looking at a premium plus in the 50 (starting at $37.5k) and a preferred in the 5 (starting at $30.65k)...pretty substantial price difference for being very similar...not sure i can justify the extra money for just about the same cargo space...i would go with the lowest trim possible to get these 2 options as i don't like having big wheels with less rubber cause they typically ride worse

Last edited by Point37; 02-19-2024 at 11:48 AM.
Old 02-19-2024, 03:43 PM

Hi Point37,

I don't have exact dimensions, but I have found that the cargo area in the 50 is noticeably longer and wider than in the 5, and yes, lower in height. For the vast majority of the time I have found the greater floor area more important than the lower roof. I found when I first test drove the 50 that the leather seats in the Premium to be less comfortable than the fabric seats in my Preferred Plus.

As for road noise, that is an area where the 5 is better than the 50. This is the result of Mazda using safety glass in the side windows of the 5, while using single pane glass in the 50. When it rains, or I use the windshield washers I can hear the water washing across the driver's side window in the 50.

Regarding the versions, you can't get leather and driver's seat memory along with the smaller 17" rims in the 50. The Premium Plus comes with the 20" rims.

Good luck!

Stuart

Old 02-20-2024, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Stuart2016Mazda3
Hi Point37,

I don't have exact dimensions, but I have found that the cargo area in the 50 is noticeably longer and wider than in the 5, and yes, lower in height. For the vast majority of the time I have found the greater floor area more important than the lower roof. I found when I first test drove the 50 that the leather seats in the Premium to be less comfortable than the fabric seats in my Preferred Plus.

As for road noise, that is an area where the 5 is better than the 50. This is the result of Mazda using safety glass in the side windows of the 5, while using single pane glass in the 50. When it rains, or I use the windshield washers I can hear the water washing across the driver's side window in the 50.

Regarding the versions, you can't get leather and driver's seat memory along with the smaller 17" rims in the 50. The Premium Plus comes with the 20" rims.

Good luck!

Stuart
thanks for all the info...much appreciated...i drive a good amount of highway miles so road noise, drivers seat comfort and smaller wheels are pretty high on my list...based on this plus the added price of the 50 i would probably opt for the 5...if i could get the 50 with the seat memory in a lower trim without leather i would just put seat covers on it but that is not an option...my 2013 subaru legacy with 233k miles on it is guzzling oil at a rate of approx. 600mi/qt so we'll see how long it can keep this up...not sure when i will be in the market but i hope it's not for a couple more years...maybe by then they will have ironed out the road noise and the seats on the 50...i wonder if mazda stops making the 5 at some point...i would love the 6 to come back as a wagon

Quick Reply: Traded my CX5 For The CX50