Mazda CX-60 & CX-80 This Plug-In Hybrid (PHEV) SUV is for folks who want to get out and go off-road while being environmentally friendly!

2023 CX60 PHEV Handbrake Fault

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2024, 10:44 AM
Default 2023 CX60 PHEV Handbrake Fault

I have recently bought a CX60 Phev, on the whole a great car, with just a few ****les.
My main concern is with the Auto Handbrake which disengages as soon as I push the gear leaver over into D or R.
As a result when I lift my foot of the brake peddle to press the accelerator the car starts to roll backward towards the house (my drive is on an incline and I reverse onto the drive).
I have tried engaging auto hold as a workaround but its not strong enough, so I have to use my left foot on the footbrake and right foot on the accelerator to stop it rolling into the house.
There are no warning or fault lights showing.
I have access to 5 other vehicles all Automatic with electronic handbrakes. The handbrake only ever disengages once the accelerator has been engaged and all these vehicles and others we have owned.

Spoke to the main dealer (its booked to go in) and he's stated barking up the hill decent tree, which makes no sense to me. Spoke to Mazda UK and they just send an email saying try another Mazda dealer.

Has anyone else suffered from this or have any suggestions, I don't want to find out its something I could have cured in the settings.

Thanks

Old 03-14-2024, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Darren Stockport
I have recently bought a CX60 Phev, on the whole a great car, with just a few ****les.
My main concern is with the Auto Handbrake which disengages as soon as I push the gear leaver over into D or R.
As a result when I lift my foot of the brake peddle to press the accelerator the car starts to roll backward towards the house (my drive is on an incline and I reverse onto the drive).
I have tried engaging auto hold as a workaround but its not strong enough, so I have to use my left foot on the footbrake and right foot on the accelerator to stop it rolling into the house.
There are no warning or fault lights showing.
I have access to 5 other vehicles all Automatic with electronic handbrakes. The handbrake only ever disengages once the accelerator has been engaged and all these vehicles and others we have owned.

Spoke to the main dealer (its booked to go in) and he's stated barking up the hill decent tree, which makes no sense to me. Spoke to Mazda UK and they just send an email saying try another Mazda dealer.

Has anyone else suffered from this or have any suggestions, I don't want to find out its something I could have cured in the settings.

Thanks
Hi
I’m due to collect mine (Homura Phev) next week and after what some reviews online I think it is a feature of the car.

Like you I have owned many automatics and none have ever disengaged the handbrake till you touch the accelerator.