Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

Aftermarket (and possible OEM) install questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 05:37 PM
Default Aftermarket (and possible OEM) install questions

Hey everyone. I am new to the forum and new to Mazda. Just bought a CX-7 today. I got the touring edition without the tech package. Naturally, after having it for only 4 hours, I already want to know how to add Nav, and some of the consequences of doing so. So here are my questions:

- if an aftermarket Nav system is installed, what happens to the seperate information display on the dash that shows the time and station, etc? Does it become useless?

- for those of you that have factory Nav - what does this information display do now?

- any updates on double din kits?

- any word on where to buy factory nav?

- any way I can add the digital climate control and ambient temperature display?

Anyone know how I can get the information display on the dash to still work with an aftermarket radio?

Also - anyone experiment with adding the digital climate control to the standard climate control vehicle?

Thats pretty much all I can think of right now...

A note to all. I have an AVIC-D3 in my other car and I love it. I am considering putting it into the CX-7, but would rather go with OEM (if possible).[/align]

Old 05-15-2007, 02:19 PM
Default RE: Aftermarket (and possible OEM) install questions

Everything but maybe the clock would go dark...

Old 05-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Default RE: Aftermarket (and possible OEM) install questions

There's gotta be a way to save it... I wonder if there is an aftermarket adapter or something.