Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

Bridgestone Turanza's DONE @ 35Km's

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Default RE: Bridgestone Turanza's DONE @ 35Km's

Another one with Bridgestones and worn smooth tires at 22k - And Bridgestone has flatly refused any help with replacement - now waiting to see what Mazda has to say - Dealer has confirmed with customer service that the tires have been rotated faithfully every 5K proper inflation etc. - just poor cheap tires. Supposedly the Goodyear Eagles do better. My last SUV ( a real SUV not a "crossover") had over 60k miles on the original tires and they still looked new - these are just not the right choice for this car period.

Old 04-19-2008, 05:35 PM

UPDATE

Mazda did come through and helped with replacements, they were very fair and the with the new tires the car is even more fun to drive !

Old 04-22-2008, 07:06 PM

30,000 miles on a 3800 lbs car is really not bad mileage.

Now if you drive aggressively or have very abrasive roads this will go down.

Your car, so drive it as fast you can afford to.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:55 AM

I have to disagree with 30k miles being "not bad mileage" just because the car is heavy. If the tires were properly matched to the vehicle, which Mazda clearly failed to do, those tires should be lasting well beyond the 50k mark with proper maintenance. I ran 66k miles on my 4200lb. Escape and my Continental Conti's had nearly 50% of the tread life remaining.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

For what it's worth, Igot less than 20k on my RS-A's and they were mostly painful miles too. And neither GY nor Mazda was willing to take any responsibilities for them... except to want to sell me 4 new ones @ $293 ea. before mounting and balancing.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again here and now: After three cars, three different sets of GY's and three bad experiences w/those GY tires, theirnationwide (so-called) Customer Service, and their Gemini stores,it's gonna be a long, LONG time before they get any of my business again.

It's not usually the brand of the tire, or the weight of the car, but the compound and wear factor for the tire. Most are a guideline for how a tire will wear on any vehicle driven "normally," but it should only be used as a guide.

If you were required to buy your new tires from the dealer, then my guess is that the deal they gave you wasn't very good. If you got the GY's, I found them to be very unpredictable in wet weather, and have zero traction in light snow, as well as riding badly and being somewhat noisy.

Just my .02.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:15 AM

Just curious as to who at Mazda did you contact? My Bridgestones are wearing out at 10,000 miles and I contact 2 different customer service rep's at Mazda and they stated there was nothing they could do just to refer me to Bridgestone....

Old 05-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

Yup, that's the same story I got too. "Mazda is not responsible for tires because they are sourcedand warranted by the manufacturer." That's more or less whatI got.
And Good Year had the nerve to tell me that they were already worn out!!!
I said, No **** Sherlock!! Why do you think I'm here w/<20k on the clock?
Dumb asses. For better or worse they lost a customer for the rest of my life. Even if I buy a new car and it comes w/GY's on it as the 3 did, I will trade in/up immediately. No questions asked. I wished now that I had done that then.

Old 05-06-2008, 03:09 PM

This is something that will make this my first and last Mazda and I fired off an e-mail back to Mazda on this subject. I realize that they do not give a crap but I let them know that I had 2 Subaru's prior to this and no problems. So far, my cx7 and Mazda have been a big headache. Oh well, live and learn....

Old 07-13-2008, 08:33 PM

I had a Toyota Cressida with Turanzas they didn't last very long, but the car was a complete hoot to drive with those. Back then, Turanzas had a very low treadwear rating. Perhaps the new ones are better, but they still are too soft to provide long treadwear. Look into Pirelli P-Zeros I'll probably put those on my Speed 3 when the time comes.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:35 PM

I started with my dealer, who contacted Bridgestone for me. He then put me in touch with Mazda, provided all of the service history on the vehicle etc. It did help that no one else has ever serviced the vehicle, and he had all of the records to show that I had veen taking care of everything. Been dealing with this dealer for over 20 years and that helps too.

Quick Reply: Bridgestone Turanza's DONE @ 35Km's