Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

Help needed please. Need car for children

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2021, 07:22 AM
Default Help needed please. Need car for children

So the car has been running fine after pcv valve and turbo replacement, it must now be age of car and things wearing. I have checked all fuses, have done the re program remote for car and it does not want to start. Battery is fine, but when I go to start the car, i can turn to position 1, then 2, then 3 should be to start and there is nothing, previous 1 - 2 activates dash, no red car symbol with key in the centre, so I do believe that the immobiliser side is fine. But there is no attempt to even engage the starter. Any advice welcome please.

Old 09-08-2021, 11:42 AM

Update, after doing lots of fault finding, I think I have solved it. Immobiliser is fine, key and transponder and antennae is all good, all fuses and relays fine.
Wondered if age played a part in connection issues, so jumped the relay to starter and nothing, when I should have gotten a response. No Joy, so got me thinking, Is it crap on the starter connector, reached down blindly to find connector for starter and wiggled it, went to ignition and low and behold it started,
Turned it off and tried again, nothing, repeated first step. It started, repeated to verify, and each time had no start wiggled connector on starter and it started, so going to take connector off, clean up contacts and hope for the best. But do think I have found the issue.