Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

how is the Bose Audio Pilot system?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 10:35 PM
Default how is the Bose Audio Pilot system?

hi all

seriously thinking about buying a CX7 Luxury which comes with the 9 speaker Bose Audiopilot system.

Could some owners let me know:

1. sound quality
2. does the auto sound adjustment really work? I've read some forums that complain about it
3. is there a subwoofer? or is the 9th speaker a centre-speaker?

many thanks in advance

satz

Old 05-20-2007, 08:31 AM
Default RE: how is the Bose Audio Pilot system?

After almost one year old the Bose System sounds great with FM and better with Sirius. But I'm still not impressed with the Audio Pilot, not responsive to cabin noise. Wished it worked on speed instead. Yes it has a subwoofer which has just enough bass forthe older generation. With the CenterPoint On this function ONLY comes on with a CD playing. Hope this helps.

Old 05-20-2007, 06:06 PM

hi etacman
thanks for the info

I thought the whole point of the AudioPilot was to respond to increased cabin noise from open windows/speed/etc?

I guess being Bose it's more talk than reality isn't it? :-)

But overall is the sound enjoyable? say when listening to jazz/classical?
btw, what's Sirius?

regards

Satz (from Downunder)

Old 05-24-2007, 07:30 PM

You are right about cabin noise but the feature doesn't respond fast enough to make it work properly.

The Bose system is GREAT and the sound is GREAT. And Sirius is SATELITE Radio in the US or N. America.{now that I see your from downunder}.The signal we receive with the Sirius sys. is completely digital and the reproduction is superior to the over the air{AM/FM}.
I hope this helps u in buying this CX7.

On another subject,I was stationed in Aus way back in 1967/1968. I was at Northwest Cape,Exmouth WA for the US Navy. Glad to talk with u anytime,I'll PM u with my email address.

Old 05-29-2007, 03:19 PM

While it has no giant Sub Woofers it has 4 woofers, one in each door.

The sound is great. Could have a bit more power when dualling music with the over bass rap car next to you.

I am very happy. Love it.

Old 06-01-2007, 12:27 PM

I've just picked up our Cx-9 w/rear entertainment system... and it has the most increadible sound I've ever heard in a car. The Bose system totaly performs. I'm in these forums to learn ...and I constantly do due to your participation ... so to all .. thank you! ( ps... and I manage the parts dept for a Mazda dealer ).

Old 07-27-2007, 03:28 PM

ORIGINAL: imamgcx9

I've just picked up our Cx-9 w/rear entertainment system... and it has the most increadible sound I've ever heard in a car. The Bose system totaly performs. I'm in these forums to learn ...and I constantly do due to your participation ... so to all .. thank you! ( ps... and I manage the parts dept for a Mazda dealer ).
I love the Bose system in our new CX7!! But I don't have the I-Pod connection[&o] What does it cost to put oneof those in?? Is it something that I can do or do I have to take it to the dealership to have them put it in?? I see that you work at a Mazda dealer......Maybe we can work something out......
-Shane

Old 07-30-2007, 03:36 PM

Does anyone know how much it costs to install the Bose system separately? I purchased the non-Bose CX-7.

Thanks
[/align]

Old 07-30-2007, 05:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Spoolin69

ORIGINAL: imamgcx9

I love the Bose system in our new CX7!! But I don't have the I-Pod connection[&o] What does it cost to put oneof those in?? Is it something that I can do or do I have to take it to the dealership to have them put it in?? I see that you work at a Mazda dealer......Maybe we can work something out......
-Shane
My dealer listed it as $350 I got a deal as part of the sale package but I think that is the normal cost of the Ipod. I would say buy the part and install it yourself as these parts come with really good instructions.