Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

Mazda CX-7 Sports Crossover on sale now

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 09:20 PM
Default Mazda CX-7 makes its residual value mark

The all-new Mazda CX-7 has zoomed to the top of the residual value charts as the high-performance sports crossover with sports utility practicality enters UK showrooms.

The turbocharged 2.3-litre petrol engined Mazda CX-7 generates 260ps and 380Nm of torque, has a top speed of 130mph and sprints to 62mph in just eight seconds. Available as a single highly-specified model with a list price of £23,610, it will retain a sector-leading 40% of its value after the benchmark three years/60,000 miles.

The Mazda CX-7 depreciates significantly less than a host of rivals from manufacturers as diverse as BMW, Nissan, Toyota and Land Rover, according to latest data from used car valuation experts at CAP Motor Research.

Mazda believes that the CX-7 will define its own market, just as the rotary-powered RX-8 sports coupe did in the sports car segment following its launch in 2003. Four years on and the Mazda RX-8 continues to win plaudits and top residual value charts.

Mazda models have an excellent track record for residual values in particular the Mazda6, which established the brand’s track record for value for-money and rock-solid reliability in both the fleet and retail sector. The current Mazda6 continues to lead the segment for residual values.

Now established as Britain’s 13th biggest fleet manufacturer ahead of the likes of Fiat, Volvo, Saab and Jaguar, the CX-7 takes Mazda into another niche market sector.

James Hopkins, Mazda’s fleet and remarketing director, said: “The Mazda CX-7 is different from other SUVs because it is more heavily oriented towards a sports car in its styling and driving dynamics, while retaining the commanding driving position, presence and stature of an off road vehicle.”

It is that ‘standout’ factor that has, year-on-year, helped Mazda set record new car sales – last year more than 50,000 units were sold with a third going to fleets – with corporates ever mindful of depreciation, the single biggest factor in vehicle operating costs.

With a 40 per cent residual value and depreciation over three years/60,000 miles of £14,235 the Mazda CX-7 is ahead of the Toyota RAV-4 2.0 VVTi XT-5, which costs £24,340 and depreciates by £14,965 and the BMW X3 2.5 si M Sport, which costs £32,930 and depreciates by a whopping £19,980. Both models in comparison retain 39 percent of their list price, the same as the Honda CR-V 2.0i VTEC Executive.

Meanwhile, the Nissan Murano 3.5 V6 CVT depreciates by £19,035 and the Land Rover Freelander 3.2 HSE by £21,920 to retain only 36 percent and 35 percent of their list price respectively.

Jeff Knight, forecast manager for CAP, said: “The Mazda CX-7 is an impressive debut from a manufacturer that does not have an SUV pedigree. Acceleration from a standing start is quite staggering for a car that is surprisingly large with ample accommodation for five adults and their luggage.

“However, what sets the CX-7 apart is its exterior styling, which is superb, and its build quality. The interior is well put together, the quality of materials is first class and Mazda has clearly spent a lot of time and money in ensuring minimum cabin noise intrusion and that has paid off with an altogether more premium feel.

“With metallic paint being the only option, the CX-7 is loaded with equipment which, added to the fact that there is only one model in the line-up, makes the range easy to understand from a customer’s viewpoint and helps residual values.”

Mr Hopkins added: “The Mazda CX-7 continues Mazda’s record for launching cars that are both aspirational and desirable from the perspectives of fleet decision-makers and company car drivers.

"The Mazda CX-7 is another exciting driver’s car and continues the tradition of Mazda's sports prowess. With segment-leading residual values, the CX-7 also further increases Mazda’s fleet affordability as we continue to expand our product portfolio into new sectors.”

Designed with both fun and functionality in mind standard equipment on the Mazda CX-7 includes: leather seats, 18" alloy wheels, xenon headlights, climate control air-conditioning, cruise control, a BOSE premium audio system, six-speed manual transmission and Mazda’s unique Active Torque-Split 4WD system.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Default Mazda CX-7 Sports Crossover on sale now

The new Mazda CX-7 Sports Crossover vehicle, which goes on sale in the UK tomorrow priced from £23,960 (on-the-road), takes Mazda into a whole new sector of the marketplace. It is expected to define its own market, creating a niche within a niche, by bringing the brand’s unique ‘Zoom-Zoom’ sports car attitudes to the traditional SUV sector.

“Our new Mazda CX-7 is different from other SUV-type vehicles because it is more heavily oriented towards a sports car in its styling and driving dynamics, while offering an SUV-style commanding driving position and strong road presence, together with the stature and practicality of an off-road vehicle,” comments Mazda UK’s marketing director, Mark Cameron.

Manufactured in Japan, the 4675mm long CX-7 is powered by the highly efficient 260ps turbocharged four-cylinder power unit also featured in the Mazda6 MPS and Mazda3 MPS – matched to a six-speed manual transmission and Mazda’s unique Active Torque 4-wheel drive system. The fully-independent suspension set-up has also been tuned for European roads and delivers handling agility that is unmatched in this class.

This new Mazda combines sensationally spirited performance – top speed is 130mph and 0-to-60mph is achieved in under 8.0 seconds – with exhilarating driving dynamics and genuine everyday practicality, plus remarkable refinement. It is the ultimate expression of ‘Zoom-Zoom’ driving excitement in a sophisticated Sports Crossover vehicle.

The ‘crossover’ concept necessitates combining sporty design with sports utility comfort and practicality, and the new Mazda CX-7 is packed with all three. There is ample space for five occupants to travel in comfort, while the generous boot space is large enough to easily accommodate three golf bags, and has a load volume of 455 litres (to the belt line) with the 60:40 split rear seats upright. With the back seats folded, load space is increased to 774 litres, making this Mazda an ideal vehicle for multi-activity lifestyles.

Generous Equipment, Spacious and Versatile Interior

Every Mazda CX-7 features a generous level of equipment as standard, with leather seats, 18-inch alloy wheels, xenon headlights, climate control air-conditioning, cruise control, front and rear parking sensors, electric windows front and rear, powered driver’s seat with six-way adjustment and lumbar support, heated front seats and a bespoke BOSE premium surround sound audio system with 6-CD autochanger and nine speakers.

Customers can choose between five exterior colours (solid Brilliant Black, metallic Graphite Silver and three mica colours – Aurora Blue, Copper Red, Galaxy Grey) and two interior colours – with Black or Stone leather upholstery – plus a range of accessories such as satellite navigation, a roof carrier and detachable tow-bar.

For more information a dedicated Mazda CX-7 microsite www.newmazdacx-7.co.uk provides essential information on the vehicle's sporty performance, assured driving dynamics, comprehensive safety, comfort and adaptability as well as specification and pricing.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:48 PM
Default Upcoming Mazda CX-7 - 190kW of DISI power

Mazda has released details of its CX-7 "sports crossover", due in South Africa before the end of 2007, with the 2.3-litre, turbocharged DISI engine used in the Mazda6 and Mazda3 MPS models to give it serious performance credentials.

Mazda UK marketing director Mark Cameron said: "The CX-7 is more heavily sports car-orientated in its styling and driving dynamics but has an SUV-style road presence and a commanding driving position, together with the practicality of an off-road vehicle."

Old 09-11-2007, 03:30 PM
Default RE: Mazda CX-7 Sports Crossover on sale now

Europeans..

WTF?

260 hp and a manual transmission...

Not offered here...

What was Mazda thinking. I would have paid more for my car to have those features.

Lucky stiffs...

I will stop whining now

Old 09-12-2007, 07:21 PM
Default picked my new cx7 up last week

and love it. Liquid metallic color, get lots of compliments and looks, especially from Murano drivers,lol. The only issue I have is road noise on asphalt. Any way to add extra undercoating or different tires to reduce this?

Old 09-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Default RE: picked my new cx7 up last week

Make sure you have the updated lower door seals.

These helped quite mine down a bit.

Not sure how to make it quieter... Different tires?

Old 09-13-2007, 12:53 PM
Default Just got my CX-7

Hi Everyone
Apparently I'm moving over from the Mazda6 forum to here since I just traded it off (not that I wanted to)for a CX-7. I would take my 6 to the mazda dealership to always get the oil changed and apparently this last time was a mistake after almost 2 months of apparent oil leaking (unknowing to me) I ran out of oil and my engine started knocking. To make the long story short the dealership didn't admit it was at fault saying that after 90,000 miles it usually burns more oil. Bull.... Anyway I was so pissed I traded at the orinigal dealer I bought my 6 from and got my CX-7 and I'm loving it.

Any advice the only thing I didn't like was that I had to put "Super" and when I'm accustomed to putting "Regular" gas. But oh well I guess I have to live with it and stop eating out for lunch.LOL.

I also have a question I want to buy seat covers because every car I had the seats within a matter of months gets filthy. I was looking for some at Walmart but I don't know what kind to get for the back seat - any suggestions?

Thanks

New CX-7 owner

Old 09-13-2007, 02:31 PM
Default RE: Just got my CX-7

Welcome

Check to be sure all the TSBs are done onn your car if the apply.

Don't put regular in your car. High compression and high boost will cause possible damage due to detonation at the worse and engine in save mode resulting poor mileage and power.

Expect 17/22 mpg

Old 09-13-2007, 02:45 PM

could you email me those tsb if you have. brous5@aol.com

Thanks

Old 09-14-2007, 09:37 PM

email sent...

Quick Reply: Mazda CX-7 Sports Crossover on sale now