Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Alarm Sound when Replacing Stereo Radio Head Unit 2015 CX-9 w/ Bose and Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2020, 09:14 AM
Default Alarm Sound when Replacing Stereo Radio Head Unit 2015 CX-9 w/ Bose and Navigation

I've got the 2015 CX-9 with Bose and Navigation but the Head Unit was awful so I'm replacing it with an Android unit. I'm getting the most heinous alarm-like sound so loud out of the speakers you can't stay in the car. The tone goes on for 1 second, off for one second and never ends.

I've double and triple checked the wiring. Not my first replacement.

I've tried another, new, same model, Android unit - same problem.

I put the original radio back in - problem goes away.

I've replaced the Crutchfield harness and PAC (steering wheel controller) and still the problem exists.

The alarm sound starts when the key is turned on and will not shut off until the key is turned off (starting makes no difference). The unit powers up and is operable except NO sound comes through between the Alarm tones. Probably about 120 decibels alternating on and off every second. I've talked to Crutchfield, and the PAC (Steering Wheel Controlled Company) for hours and they cannot find the cause. Does anyone know or have experience with this and can offer help?

Old 08-03-2022, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by cantelopehead
I've got the 2015 CX-9 with Bose and Navigation but the Head Unit was awful so I'm replacing it with an Android unit. I'm getting the most heinous alarm-like sound so loud out of the speakers you can't stay in the car. The tone goes on for 1 second, off for one second and never ends.

I've double and triple checked the wiring. Not my first replacement.

I've tried another, new, same model, Android unit - same problem.

I put the original radio back in - problem goes away.

I've replaced the Crutchfield harness and PAC (steering wheel controller) and still the problem exists.

The alarm sound starts when the key is turned on and will not shut off until the key is turned off (starting makes no difference). The unit powers up and is operable except NO sound comes through between the Alarm tones. Probably about 120 decibels alternating on and off every second. I've talked to Crutchfield, and the PAC (Steering Wheel Controlled Company) for hours and they cannot find the cause. Does anyone know or have experience with this and can offer help?

did you end up finding a solution to this? Currently have a 2015 cx9 with Bose audio that we are installing a Sony apple car play unit in. Had the same issue. At the auto elecs are the comment and his also having the same problem

Old 08-21-2022, 03:43 PM

The issue is with the CAN bus adapter in the RP4. You must turn the key to ON or start the car on the first power up after connecting the battery. Using the ACC key position on the first power up causes the alarm type beeping. Once you initially power up using the ON position or start the car, everything will function, even in the ACC position.

Old 07-17-2023, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by rpnociti
The issue is with the CAN bus adapter in the RP4. You must turn the key to ON or start the car on the first power up after connecting the battery. Using the ACC key position on the first power up causes the alarm type beeping. Once you initially power up using the ON position or start the car, everything will function, even in the ACC position.
awesome. Even mechanics and dealer has no clue . Your solution worked like champ. Thanks a lot man

Old 08-15-2023, 07:12 PM

How I do this? Need to install with battery disconnected?
I tried to,but the sound still beeping...

Old 03-11-2024, 05:09 PM

I FIXED this problem.

I recently was installing an Alpine ILX-507 and Maestro RR device to retain the Bose and the steering wheels controls. The Maestro is a CAN bus <> iDataLink converter that talks to the car and to the radio translating the messages.

When connecting the battery after wiring up all the devices, the amplifier would beep (1 sec on, 1 sec off) loudly. Putting on ON vs. ACC didn't solve that.
Then, I flashed the Maestro RR module to v.1.1 as opposed to the latest 1.6 version, and as a result the system operated correctly.
When I plugged it in and connected the battery, the car did beep 4 times on ACC but that was it. Now it works fine.

Thanks to the Crutchfield tech who suggested trying older versions of the Maestro firmware.