Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Having to sell the CX-9...

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 01:39 PM
Default Having to sell the CX-9...

The seats in my CX-9 are so uncomfortable to me that I am going to have to sell it after only 1000 miles. It has my rear end so sore that I cannot stand to drive it any longer. I have owned many vehicles over the years and this is the only vehicle that I have experianced this problem with. My last vehicle was a 2005 Mercury Mariner and the seats were not any bigger, but were much more comfortable. The dealer and Mazda will not do anything to help me...

I am completely sick about the whole thing. I can not tell you how horrable I fell at this moment. I am going to lose thousands of dollars, but I cannot stand it any longer. I spend 4-6hr a day driving and this is just intolerable. I had an upolstry guy look at it and he said there is not enough padding tword the rear of the seat bottom and the frame is too narrow in the rear. tehre are two part sont eh fram of the seat bottom that are just under the cover and they put two pressre points on the sides of my rear end.

I HIGHLY RECOMED THAT you NOT buy a CX-9 if you are a larger than mormal person. I cannot believe that anyone over 200lb would find these seats to be comfortable on a long trip.

PLEASE DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU.....

Old 06-08-2007, 02:14 PM
Default RE: Having to sell the CX-9...

WOW... that sucks for sure... but rather than losing thousands on it... why not spend hundreds to get it to fit? It's hard to believe that a custom shop couldnt help at all... Sounds as if your "buyers" remorse is kicking in ...

Old 06-08-2007, 03:51 PM

This is not buyers remorse, it the simply pain....

Old 06-08-2007, 05:09 PM

I was more so reffering to a previous post about "buyers remorse" for the '08's coming out... Good luck though... there's nothing like getting something .. being happy about it...then having your mind chaged....

Old 06-08-2007, 05:26 PM

Bodies are all different, I'm 6'4" weigh 230 and also spend a lot of time in my car as I'm a salesman and always on the road. I am not experiencing any problems with the seat being uncomfortable actually I think it is one of the best I've had and I just came out of an 04 Pacifica and 2 Expeditions before that.
I looked at the Explorer and the Mariner and thought both were uncomfortable, sorry to hear about your problems and I hope you find a vehicle that fits you.

Old 06-09-2007, 12:34 PM

Well,

I stopped by and talked to the upolstry guy today and I am going to bring it in on Monday mourning. He is going to take the seat bottom apart and see if there is anything wrong with the construction of my seat or any defect in the materials. He felt around on the seat bottom and said that there appeared to be a lot of excess leatherbehind the two seams where the twocolors meet in the seam on the side bolsters. He said that the amount of leather he could feel under the seam seemed unusual. He said it was probably not trimmed off properly before assembly. He thinks that the extra wad of leather might be what is poking into the side of my hips.Hedid note that he did not feel the same wad of leatheron the passenger's seat bottom.

He also suggested adding about 5/8 - 1" of foam in the bottom rear section of the seat. He thinks that I am sinking too far down in the seat at the back and that combined with some excess leatherin the seam is causing my discomfort. He said if this is the problem, It would be an easy fix and I should not be able to see any difference in the seat.

I'll let you guys know how it goes...

Old 06-10-2007, 11:45 PM

I hope that's all it is and you get it corrected.

On another note in 97 I bought a Nissan Pathfinder and had to sell it after 4 months becausemy knee rested on the 4 wheel drive shifter and was very uncomfortable so I understand how much you will lose.

Old 06-11-2007, 06:26 PM

Well,
Here is what they found wrong.
1st, there was not enough padding in the rear portion of the drivers seat. It was about 3/4 thinner than the passenger's seat bottom? They added about 1" of foam under the rear section of the seat bottom.
2nd, the seat cover was not centered in the seat. It bunched up on the side tword the console. To be honest, I never really notice this. The guy managed to get it more or less centered when they put it back together. Again the passenger's seat did not have this problem. It looked like it was shifted about 1/2" off center when compared to the passenger's seat.
3rd, there was a little too much leather left on both seams where the two different color peices were sewen together. This was bunching up and was probably causing most of my discomfort. You could see the indention of this wad of leather in the foam pad. I am fairly sure that this is what was actually poking into my hip.
As near as I can tell, I can tolerate the seat now. It was more or less comfortable on the 1.5hr drive home. The seat bottom is a little harder where the padding was added. The upolstry guy said the leather would streatch a little and should soften up over time. He did say to keep the leather well conditioned for a few weeks.
It is my opinion that most of the discomfort I felt was due to poor workmanship on the seat bottom and the fact that the foam was too thin. I am not sure why the foam on the drivers side seat was so much thinner than the foam on the passenger's. I think it cause me to sink deeper into the seat than I should have. This cause the sides to fold in more and put more pressure on my hips.
For the heck of it, I sat in the Passengers seat for a little over an hour listening to the stereo system ( one of the reasons why I bought the car to start with ) It did not seem to bother me like the drivers seat did.
I hope this solves the issue and thought you guys might want to hear what I found...

Old 06-11-2007, 07:27 PM

Sounds like Mission accomplished... ! I realy hope it's solved your problem... I'm sure you've documented all the information... I'd compile it and bring it to your local Dealer and service department... under warranty that work could (should) have been subleted out for the repair. I'm ( fairly ) sure they'll cover the work that's been done... just come complete with as much info as possible... When "things" are made... sometimes "things" happen... sounds like this on your car... (Coming from the dealers point of view... I think you'll be taken care of)... Congrats!. [/align]

Old 06-14-2007, 09:40 PM

It appears that the seat problems with sranger are back...I just read his latest message in EDMONDS and I think he will be posting here soon..let's all wish him the best....

Quick Reply: Having to sell the CX-9...