Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

MAZDA CX9 2017 screen spider cracks

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2021, 05:53 PM
Default MAZDA CX9 2017 screen spider cracks

Been checking online for this issue and found out that there was recall for this issue. But My mazda cx9 was manufactured in June 2017. It has the same issue and we didn't do anything to the screen. Definitely there is a problem with our screen too and it should also be covered. They are telling me that I need to pay $1200 for parts and labor to get a new screen. Anyone have the issue with models manufactured June 2017 and up?

Old 05-17-2021, 12:42 AM
Default 2016-2016 cx-9 display special service program

check this and show it to your Mazda dealer. Screen warranty extended to 7 years for your model apparantly. Hope this will help.

Old 05-18-2021, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by wosman

check this and show it to your Mazda dealer. Screen warranty extended to 7 years for your model apparantly. Hope this will help.

My mazda CX 9 was produced JUNE 2017 so it's doesn't cover this one. But it's basically the same issue. There is no physical damage on the outside of the screen. It's inside the screen and there is no force applied to it. I don't know why they won't cover it. Does anyone else have the same issue with models produced June 2017 or higher?

Old 05-18-2021, 01:59 PM

Check this service alert that cover 2016-2018 cx-9.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MC-10134920-9999.pdf (350.1 KB, 811 views)
Old 05-18-2021, 03:50 PM

Check this service alert that cover 2016-2018 cx-9.

I just called mazda and gave them that information. They told me that the documents are only for the technicians and that there is no recall on my mazda CX9 when they check my VIN#. So basically I need to pay for the screen if I want it replaced. What sucks is that we didn't even do anything that cause the screen to have this problem. It's basically a problem with the screen that they installed and they will do whatever they can to give you a run around so you have to pay to get it replaced.

Old 05-18-2021, 05:10 PM

If only negotiating with your local Mazda dealership, you should escalate the matter to Mazda USA in case you didn't yet. Call there number and email to: "MazdaCustomerExperience@mazdausa.com"

Old 05-18-2021, 06:15 PM

If only negotiating with your local Mazda dealership, you should escalate the matter to Mazda USA in case you didn't yet. Call there number and email to: "MazdaCustomerExperience@mazdausa.com"

Thanks. Will do that. 1st time Mazda owner Hopefully I can get this issue fix. I really love the car but if they are still gonna play hardball with me this might end up to be my 1st last Mazda.

Old 05-19-2021, 12:28 PM

Mazda North America
(800) 866-1998.

My guess is that the date in the original Special Service Program relates to the dates of screens made by a particular supplier. In any case, this screen is showing the same problems and should get coverage. The dealership can only provide the warranty work the manufacturer authorizes. A good dealership, however, will go to bat with the manufacturer's rep to help the customer. Warranty work does pay less to the dealership than customer work, so there's always that.

A recall is because of safety items, and this doesn't qualify. A service campaign like this may offer a limited extended warranty on the particular item.

Old 05-25-2021, 12:31 PM

They just told me that I have to go to the dealership and get a diagnosis on the infotainment system.

Why do I have to pay $160 to get diagnosis on the infotainment when this is known issue with the infotainment system. There was a SSP on the MAZDA CX9 produced February 2017 - April 2017. Mine was produced June 2017. Can't they just inspect the screen because for just 2 months time frame and the same problem with my infotainment it should be the same issue and it should also be included in the SSP.

Old 05-25-2021, 04:39 PM

I emailed them and they just want me to bring it to the dealership ans $160 to get a diagnosis on the infotainment.

Why do I have to pay $160 to get diagnosis on the infotainment when this is known issue with the infotainment system. There was a SSP on the MAZDA CX9 produced February 2017 - April 2017. Mine was produced June 2017. Can't they just inspect the screen because for just 2 months time frame and the same problem with my infotainment it should be the same issue and it should also be included in the SSP.

Quick Reply: MAZDA CX9 2017 screen spider cracks