Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

MAZDA CX9 2017 screen spider cracks

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 04:42 PM

I emailed them and they just told me to bring it to the dealership and get a diagnosis on the infotainment.

Why do I have to pay $160 to get diagnosis on the infotainment when this is known issue with the infotainment system. There was a SSP on the MAZDA CX9 produced February 2017 - April 2017. Mine was produced June 2017. Can't they just inspect the screen because for just 2 months time frame and the same problem with my infotainment it should be the same issue and it should also be included in the SSP.

Old 05-26-2021, 11:47 AM

Phone Sara at the number on the email. Let us know what she says. Did you email a photo of the damaged screen?

Old 05-26-2021, 01:57 PM

I sent her another email with the picture of the problem. So since there is no SSP or recall on my mazda cx9 I have to pay to get it fix which would would cost around $1400. I don't know why they would cover it or include it with SSP program since it's definitely the same and known issue with the infotainment system.

Old 05-26-2021, 02:00 PM

I sent her another email with the picture of the problem. So since there is no SSP or recall on my mazda cx9 I have to pay to get it fix which would would cost around $1400. I don't know why they would cover it or include it with SSP program since it's definitely the same and known issue with the infotainment system.

Old 06-01-2021, 02:48 PM

So did end up bringing it for diagnosis. So definitely there is no point of impact on the screen and they can't tell me what the cause of the failure. This issue should fall under the SSP program and get the screen replaced and have it cover with SSP program which is a common issue with some of the mazda infotainment system.

Old 06-01-2021, 07:59 PM
Default Spider Cracks

Hi, I purchased my CX 9 in Feb 2018 and I developed the spider cracks in the display too. Mazda has clearly known about this issue for a while and has not fixed it. I was out of warranty by 3 months and they are telling me that it will cost $2,000 to fix with parts (not including labor). This is unacceptable. They need to fix these because they sold the car to us know this was an issue.

Old 06-02-2021, 09:15 AM

Definitely this is a common and known issue with the infotainment system and it doesn't only apply to the mazda CX9 that was produced February 11, 2016 - April 29 , 2017. I'm planning to reporting and file a complain to BBB regarding this issue.

Old 09-28-2021, 10:57 AM

I come from Taiwan. I think we have same problem.
My Mazda CX9 was manufactured in Nov. 2017.
When the display turn off, you can see some water marks IN the screen, I'm sure that is not anti-glare or coating damage.

Old 11-13-2021, 11:15 PM
Default 2018 CX-9 shattered corners on infotainment screen

[QUOTE=Dominic Gomez;194853]Been checking online for this issue and found out that there was recall for this issue. But My mazda cx9 was manufactured in June 2017. It has the same issue and we didn't do anything to the screen. Definitely there is a problem with our screen too and it should also be covered. They are telling me that I need to pay $1200 for parts and labor to get a new screen. Anyone have the issue with models manufactured June 2017 and up?

Yes, we have a 2018 CX-9 and last winter (2020), the two right corners (top and bottom) shattered. Not only is this a terrible eyesore, we cannot read the time. This $43k vehicle was 3 years old and Mazda will do nothing about it even though it is a known problem and previous years have been recalled. They wanted $1600 to repair it. Everyone who has this issue should call Mazda immediately so maybe we can get them to take care of their known problem that should have been remedied long ago.

Old 11-14-2021, 11:24 AM

Hmm I did not read that anyone purchased the special insurance coverage at the time of the NEW MAZDA purchase that would have covered the screen and also covered it beyond the factory warranty?
Honestly while we often decline those extra coverage insurances with the growing electronic and computers on many platforms it is something to reconsider at the time of a NEW vehicle purchase. Also I read that some were out of warranty if only a few weeks or coupled of months. Really, that means your are out of coverage plain and simple. Why should your coverage on a vehicle be any different than your house or health insurance if it expires you are NOT covered.

Ok now you can respond and be pissed about what I posted..... LOL

Oh and before you think I am not effected by the politics' of warranty coverage declined, , recently I got a pin hole rust in my mid pipe which is also the CAT pipe. Because MAZDA has not had any other complaints anywhere about this happening they will not cover the replacement of the pipe. Clearly I would assume like many that it is part of the emission system and should be covered. NOPE. I even said for everything that might go wrong there is a first and my MAZDA may be just that the First?
Now here is the thing I know exactly what caused it and it WILL happen to other Mazda's.

For me it was a simple fix, spot weld the hole. I will replace the section that is internally rusted after winter. And for some of you that know me and have looked at my thread I keep my MAZDA insanely clean and maintained.

Last edited by Callisto; 11-14-2021 at 11:27 AM.

Quick Reply: MAZDA CX9 2017 screen spider cracks