Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

should I replace these engine mounts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2022, 09:26 AM
Default should I replace these engine mounts?

Hi, mine is a 2013 CX-9. "Sometimes" the car will give a thump noise when shifting gear into D but not always. It usually happens when car is parked on a slope. I talked to the dealership and the guys told me not to worry about it because something about how the engine and transmission is connected and stuff. However, I went to a garage and the guys there said it's the engine mount. What do you guys think? and in order to buy the right parts, where should I look for it in terms of specifications? Autozone have two engine mounts that look the same but with different diameters/dimensions. How can I figure which one is correct?

Old 07-12-2022, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by tfcheng
Hi, mine is a 2013 CX-9. "Sometimes" the car will give a thump noise when shifting gear into D but not always. It usually happens when car is parked on a slope. I talked to the dealership and the guys told me not to worry about it because something about how the engine and transmission is connected and stuff. However, I went to a garage and the guys there said it's the engine mount. What do you guys think? and in order to buy the right parts, where should I look for it in terms of specifications? Autozone have two engine mounts that look the same but with different diameters/dimensions. How can I figure which one is correct?

FWD cars usually have 2 or 3 mounts. Most have two on the front of the engine and one on the rear. The rear is down low on the transaxle. The two on the front of the engine (where the belts are) usually are the ones to fail. Got any pictures of the mounts in question?