Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Are wheel spacers a good idea on the CX-9? Need your advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2021, 08:29 PM
Default Are wheel spacers a good idea on the CX-9? Need your advice

I have a 2014 CX-9 GT and really like how it looks from the side profile and front and how it handles on the road. I’m looking to add wheel spacers to bring the wheels out so they are more in line with the fenders or slightly beyond. This is more for looks and a wider-looking stance/wheelbase when viewed from the rear. It’s all about a wider look.
  • Have you added wheel spacers?
  • What size are they?
  • Are they easy to install?
  • Where might I find them?
  • Does it change the overall performance or cause any detrimental issues to the ride or fuel efficiency?

I’m totally new to the idea. Any guidance is appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited by ESMAZDA; 01-02-2021 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Formatting
Old 01-03-2021, 04:15 AM
Super Moderator

Adding spacers changes the loading on the hubs. Done wrong you can have failed wheel bearings and snapped wheel studs ( ie loose you wheel )

Old 01-03-2021, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
Adding spacers changes the loading on the hubs. Done wrong you can have failed wheel bearings and snapped wheel studs ( ie loose you wheel )
Is there a way to do it right. Some places recommend changing the “offset” which I am not aware what that even is. Others say to get hub-centric spacers. Completely new to this one. I want to get it done right. Thanks for your reply.

Old 01-03-2021, 10:47 AM

Some responses are in the quote and bold format

QUOTE=ESMAZDA;190488]I have a 2014 CX-9 GT and really like how it looks from the side profile and front and how it handles on the road. I’m looking to add wheel spacers to bring the wheels out so they are more in line with the fenders or slightly beyond. This is more for looks and a wider-looking stance/wheelbase when viewed from the rear. It’s all about a wider look.
  • Have you added wheel spacers? YES
  • What size are they? Varies depending on application
  • Are they easy to install? YES
  • Where might I find them? Amazon and Ebay are the first common places
  • Does it change the overall performance or cause any detrimental issues to the ride or fuel efficiency? There are to many [size=13px]variables[/size] to answer this with w simple yes or no

I’m totally new to the idea. Any guidance is appreciated. Thank you![/QUOTE]
If you are only wanting to space the wheels out for the looks then use only quality spacer that are Hub-centric come with all the lug nuts and between 10 and 25mm. On most newer MAZDA model 25mm is likely what you need to accomplish your desired look.

Thicker then 25mm as grim_reaper posted bad things could happen!

Old 01-13-2021, 08:58 PM

Yes, dear, run the BONOSS wheel spacers on my Mzada 6, quite good, I highly recommend the BONOSS forged active cooling wheel spacers.www.bonoss.com