Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Yet another door lock switch question

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2022, 06:05 PM
Default Yet another door lock switch question

Hello forum members. I'm a newbie here but very active on other forums and would like to introduce myself and "my" car. I've done a lot of electrical and mechanical car repair projects over the years but now I'm trying to help my daughter diagnose a problem with her 2007 CX9 with remote locking and keyless start operation. (I've already done a lot of searching here and online.)

1. The card style fob will lock and unlock the doors as usual.
2. The rubber Request Switch in the driver's door does not work - no response at all
3. The Request switches on the passenger door and the lift gate do not operate the locks, BUT, there is a single beep when you push them
4. The Lock/Unlock switch on the inside of the driver's door does not work, but the one on the passenger side works fine.

The fuse is good so from what I've read the inside door switch is now the prime suspect.
I removed it and took it apart to see if there was anything obvious - there wasn't.
I then swapped the driver's and passenger switches and then neither would work. I assumed they were identical internally but perhaps not? Does anyone know?

I can't find it now but I think one of the threads I saw mentioned that a failed Request Switch could cause problems like we're seeing. I have no problem tearing into the door panel to replace it but before I order parts I'm hoping someone who has had similar symptoms can chime in with their solutions.

Many thanks,

Ron

Old 04-13-2022, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by CX9FosterParent
I can't find it now but I think one of the threads I saw mentioned that a failed Request Switch could cause problems like we're seeing. I have no problem tearing into the door panel to replace it but before I order parts I'm hoping someone who has had similar symptoms can chime in with their solutions.
Check for codes as they can pinpoint the problem. Could be the request switch or a bad antenna. Both of them can cause strange issues.