Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

95 Millenia Engine/Transmission Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 02:14 AM
Default 95 Millenia Engine/Transmission Trouble

My Girlfriend has a 1995 Mazda Millenia with the 2.5L automatic. The motor in neutral and park, runs smooth most of the time. It runs a little rough sometimes in low idle in park or neutral. When driving the car will die without warning or stuttering first. Also when coming to a stopsign the idle goes very low and will die if the RPMs are not kept over 700. Shifting to neutral will keep it from dying and make the car run smooth again. When excellerating from a stop it stutters a little and eventually goes with some jerkiness in the throttle. The CEL is on but girlfriend has yet to get it to a Dealership or someone with the reader to read the CEL. I was gonna try and bring it to my old work, Advance Auto Parts. But i am not sure if this car has OBD2 capabilities or if its another connection. Any help would be most welcome, BabyHeuy you seem to be the man in this place. Anything you can do to help me will be awsome.

Old 03-21-2006, 10:52 PM
Default RE: 95 Millenia Engine/Transmission Trouble

Some of the 95's are OBDII and some not. Even some that have the connector under the dash will not communicate with a scanner. Mazda sort of messed up with the first attempt at OBD compatibility there. Only way to tell is to try it.
As for the stalling in gear Check the black rubber intake boot between the air cleaner and throttle body for the rough idle in forward gears. Carefully and throughly look for a tear in the acccordian bellows area especially. In forward gears engine torque and movement may be opening up a tear that get closed back up in reverse or neutral. Is a fairly common problem anyway with the KL engine in the Millenia and 626/MX6 of that era.

Old 03-21-2006, 11:49 PM

BabyHuey you are amazing, i checked it the other day and it has a giant tear in the air duct from the air filter box to the MAF sensor. I will try and fix that, also noticed the number 3 cylinder, back 3 middle one, the spark plug wire feels broken or at least looser then the other 5. Will see about getting another hose or at least trying to fix it. You are awsome.

Old 03-22-2006, 01:53 AM

Glad to help Machina. If you get a code back for the CEL being on then give a post back and we can look at that as well. May have been related to the intake boot torn but who knows.