Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

97 S 2.3L S/C Bearing Knock and Blue Smoke

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2024, 06:22 PM
Unhappy 97 S 2.3L S/C Bearing Knock and Blue Smoke

Hi all, about a month ago I purchased a 1997 Mazda Millenia S with the 2.3L Miller Cycle engine. She was sitting for probably more than a year when I bought her, and I needed a car quick for work transportation. Little did I know about the hellscape that is that engine.

The problems so far that I've had is the blue smoke on startup, which I originally thought was normal as it seems every millennia loves to burn oil. I soon learned it was probably the supercharger as the outer bearing is going out and getting worse by the day. Another pain is I can't find hardly anything about this car or engine but I really really like the body style and would love to keep her alive. Would anyone be able to tell me if its logical to even attempt to replace the supercharger and if there are any guides to do so? I know if I bring it to a shop they're gonna charge me much more than an arm and a leg. If its not worth it I think I might engine swap the damned thing, I really want to keep this car so if anyone knows anything about it or could help me I would be extremely grateful.

So with that said I hope someone here can tell me if I can replace or fix the compressor or swap a new engine into it. My brother was telling me maybe a chevy 350 or LS? I just love the body style of it not sure why but I'd love to keep it going as they're extremely rare (for good reason, damn miller cycle.)