Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Help: Need buying tips

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 11:56 PM
Default Help: Need buying tips

Hi
I saw few Millenia on sale and did test drives. I am really impressed with the car. But I do not have good experience in buying cars so I am looking for some help from you guys.

1. First should I buy Millenia ? In some thread I read it is touch to get spare pars!!

2. A delar is asking $7K for 98 modelwith 92,000 Miles but the book value is only 4.3K (from nada.com).
- Is it over priced?
- And how different is it (98 Model) from Mazda 626 ?
- Is there any issue with engine/transmission in this model? ( the delar is giving me 2yrs/30K Guarentee on Engine and Transmission)
- During the test drive the Engine light came on!!!
- Any other issues with this model?

3. Another dealer is asking $7.4K for 2000 Model with 88,000 Miles (book value is 6.4K)
- Is it over priced?
- Is there any issue with engine/transmission in this model? ( No guarentee/warentee on this one)
- Test was ok

Any thing else that might be helpful.

Thank you
MC

Old 05-14-2007, 08:17 AM
Default RE: Help: Need buying tips

a used millenia is no different from any used car. a lot depends on prior owner(s), and how well it was maintained. one problem with the millenia is that it has no resale value. you can get them for a really good price, but you will take a bath if you ever want to sell it. also, a dealer will generally be more expensive than a private owner, but a dealer will make it easier to buy. dunno where you are, but 3 years ago, i bought a 99 's' with 68k for 8000. one owner car, she had every invoice, and was a fanatic. car was always garaged, even at work. never been hit. i think that if you really want a millenia, you should keep looking, check out some private owner cars, and have your money/financing ready. i would not touch a car with a ce lite on, and beware that some people will remove the bulb. get it checked out by a competent shop before signing.