Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Help! Please!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 03:48 PM
Exclamation Help! Please!!

I have recently bought a 2000 Mazda Millenia S, when driving the check engine light and TCS light comes on and the car will go in limp mode. The code turned up ABV vent Solenoid Fail and ABV Circuit fail. We have replaced the ABV vent solenoid and the Vaccum solenoid next to it, all the vacuum lines, the TCS/ABS controller, and the ECU.... It is still doing the same thing! I also noticed when it starts acting up that the shift selector shifts harder. Any ideas? Please help I love this car but Its driving me crazy and emptying my piggy bank!

Old 04-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

Amber, Amber, Amber....
First of all, please refrain form double-posting. We will see it, I guarantee....

Second, I am not that familiar w/the Millenia (sorry,) but I'm sure someone here will have had a similar experience and be able to help you.
It sounds like you went through a lot of parts for nothing and that the problem is actually very simple.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Wink Double Posting

Oh I am new to this so sorry for the inconvenience that my double posting has caused....... I wasnt sure if I had even posted in the right place. I am too feeling that this is an easy fix, just not sure where to turn next. It was debated that it may be the super charger gasket, but what does this have to do with the TCS? As a female I sometimes feel that they see me as "not eve" so I dont want to end up replacing things that are fine. This car has had 30 hours of labor!

Last edited by Amber88; 04-04-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:25 PM

what is the history on this car? did you buy it running like this? who is doing the work? the vent solenoid is NOT next to the vacuum, there is another solenoid in between that never dies. it sure sounds like vacuum lines are still leaking. what codes are stored?

Old 04-05-2011, 07:25 AM
Default vacum diagrahm

milleniatech.net - KL-ZEM (2.3L V6) Vacuum Hose Routing Diagram (1996+ Models)

This site above has an excellent COLORED vacume diagrahm that you can print out (11x18 if you want)and take to the car and follow the lines.Sounds like a vacum issue as stated by previous poster, kennin.He is the most knowleged on these vehicles that i know of. Hes saved me pants loads of money.Its like a space ship to alot of mechanics.This site has some good info also.

milleniatech.net

Old 04-05-2011, 10:43 AM

I did buy the car like this but the car didnt start acting up until I was on my way home. The dealership I bought the car from is doing the work. They gave it back to me yesterday, SAME thing is happening. I dont remember the codes but I will go have them read and update you then. They want me to see If I can "deal with the issue" by just putting the car in neutral and turning it on and off. If not they will put me in a new car. I fell in love with this car and would really like to just fix the problem..... BUT I dont want to take it and end up spending a fortune trying to fix it!

Old 04-05-2011, 11:41 AM

this is a CLASSIC example of why NOT to take the car to the dealer. they are just as much in the dark as anyone else who has no experience on this car. if you were paying for all of this, you probably would have already exceeded the worth of the car.

when you turn it off, then back on, does it run ok for a bit?

if so, i am convinced it is either your vacuum solenoid, or someone has the vacuum lines installed wrong. there are a couple one way valves in the vacuum line system, and if installed backwards, it will do what your car is doing.

also, if you are having to pay someone to work on this car, dont keep it. dunno what you paid, but resale on a millenia is in the toilet. you can pick up 01-02 models in great condition for less than 5k. although this is probably an easy fix for someone who has a lot more knowledge/experience than the dealer, this car can cost you a LOT

Last edited by keninn; 04-05-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:55 PM

The dealership picked up the bill they had for it all so far bc they felt bad about what happened, and bc the car is still unrepaired, But they are stumped and dont want to put anymore money into it. They said that a "professional" guy came and said the next step he would take is to replace all the electrical wiring in the car. I drove the car 240 miles yesterday and only had to turn it off twice. After doing so it seems to run fine just that it shifts harder, like if your taking into park or to drive? I really appreciate all your help! I hope that its something small bc I love the car! Im still working on the codes, now the engine light doesnt want to come on!

Old 04-05-2011, 03:34 PM

this sure sounds like the vacuum solenoid. it lives on the right bank, and it gets a lot of heat. both vent and vacuum will ohm good, but when hot will ohm bad, and fail. when it goes limp home, does the ce lite come on, does it flash? also, when you turn it off then back on, is the ce lite out? you are just driving a ticking time bomb. if you keep this car, it will eat your lunch. and wiring has nothing to do with it. the dealer is hoping you keep the car long enough so they can say you own it. take it back and get your money back

Old 04-05-2011, 03:42 PM

If you are talking about the one next to the Abv vent solenoid, it has been replaced. But the one on the other side hasnt been. When you turn it off and then back on the TCS light goes off but the CE light stays on and it also comes on right before it does it.

Quick Reply: Help! Please!!