Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Hesitation

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 05:54 AM
Default Hesitation

I need some opinions guys, Lets say im at a dead stop, well right when i push on the pedal to accelerate it hesitates for a split second and then it is fine, even then the acceleration sucks, i sometimes have to almost put my foot in it to get up to speed. Im thinking it might be my injectors or my pump or filter. to tell you the truth i was broke for a little while and i was riding on E a lot so that might have stoped up something. Im throughing a CEL (knock Censor) so if you can help me out i would appreciate it, by the way it a 2001 2.5L. oh yea and also this is totally of the subject but the hose thats connected on the edge of the coolant bucket, thats what i like to call it, where does it connect to cause im trying to find where it connects to around to radiator but i cant find it. can someone pull me a graph or just tell me i would appreciate it.

Old 10-13-2006, 02:53 PM
Default RE: Hesitation

check map air flow sensor

Old 12-10-2006, 01:59 PM

I have a 98 millenia and was having a similar problem for a while. When I would come to a stop, the revs would drop and even died on me 3 times at red lights. Sometimes when I pulled out it would hesitate and accelerate slowly for a few seconds. The rubber hose connecting the air filter box to the throttle had a crack between the ribs about 1/3 around the hose and had an open gap that was around 1/8" wide. I bought a new one on ebay for $30 with shipping and replaced it in about 15 minutes. I haven't had the problem since.

Old 12-10-2006, 02:14 PM

i would bet that the ecu is hearing knock, and pulling timing. this will greatly affect performance. solve the knock problem, and the performance will probably come back. one place to suspect would be the fuel filter. if you were running around on E a lot, there could be lots of crud in the fuel tank, and when the level is really low, it will pull it all up, and clog up the fuel filter. also, if you were buying gas at the cheapest place, and not name brand, you could have picked up a lot of water in the cheapo fuel. gas will float on water, if it is in the fuel lines, you can get vapor lock, and lean running conditions. then again, the knock sensor could be fubar.