Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

i think a transmission problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 06:18 PM
Default i think a transmission problem

I have a 95 mazda M, about a month ago it started to not want to go into gear, so I called around and got quotes for a new transmission. I had a rebuilt transmission put in and it still acted funny, jumping into gear, shutting off when at a stop sign. So I took it back in. They told me I did not know how to drive my car, they wanted to show me how to drive it, this amused me a great deal as I have been driving for many years. I insisted the mechanic come with me for a ride, we went around the block and it died. The mechanic had the guts to tell his boss it was the transmission. So another week passes and they put in another transmission. Now the cars been home a week. Its still jumps when its about to go into second gear. The hold light flashes on and off and thats a new problem. The car just has crested one hundred thousand miles. I have always had the fluids checked and changed. They have said that I need a new engine, that one cylinder is not working out of the 6, but that I should keep driving it till more cylinders break down. Im not a mechanic, and from past bad experiences, I really dont like taking my car to anyone, as it seems that I always get the run around. HELP, anyone know an honest mechanic in dallas texas?

Old 03-26-2007, 10:20 PM
Default RE: i think a transmission problem

I hardly see how one dead cylinder would warrant a new engine,much less how one dead cylinder would affect the transmission;and drive it until other cylinders fail??Sounds like you need to stay away from those clowns.Did they put in the correct model transmission?Is the CEL on?