Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Millenia radiator

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 12:20 AM
Default Millenia radiator

Radiator on '95 2.5 liter has unfixable leak, so new one has to be installed. Shop wants about $900--Anyone know if an "amateur" mechanic (me) with pretty good stock of metric tools could put in a new one at home? Thanks ahead for your help. My last question was answered perfectly by Babyhuey last Fall! Thanks again.

Old 07-03-2006, 01:29 PM
Default RE: Millenia radiator

heck yeah. lots of stuff to take off, but normal tools should do it. i would get a new upper and lower hose-actually, i would change out ALL the hoses, and the tstat. i seen new radiators online for like 150 bucks. hoses are only available genuine, but even then, probably only another 100 for a full set. coolant, bandages, antibacterial ointment, coupla beers, you're done.

Old 07-04-2006, 07:40 AM

Hey Keninn, thanks alot for your quick reply and support for this DIY project. Also for the tips on the hoses, etc. Do you think an after market new radiator would be an OK replacement? This web site shows one (by clicking on a link) for $140 plus $10 shipping. Yeah, I'll probably need the bandages and ointment--and especially the beers!

Old 07-04-2006, 12:36 PM

i seen lots of aftermarket radiators for about that price. having been in the aftermarket parts business for a long time, i like to know some facts. first off, if it has metal tanks, i would pass. however, just because it is aluminum/plastic like the genuine one, that dont mean it is good, either. i would like to know brand, and country of origin. koyo is a huge japanese radiator company, thier stuff is really good, and they are probably oem for mazda. if the country of origin is someplace like south africa, or the phillipines, i would pass. if they had specs like fins per inch, and numer of cross tubes, core thickness, i would try to match it to the factory radiator. also, i am told that some of the aftermarket radiators dont have a drain. a factory radiator(KL81-15-200A) list price is 376.65, with discount, 293.46. i have used aftermarket radiators on other cars with great success. the millenia has an excellent cooling system, i would want to keep it intact.