Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

New owner here, couple of quick Q's

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 11:06 AM
Default New owner here, couple of quick Q's

I just purchased a 2000 Millenia S w/59K miles. So far, I love the car, andit is in fantastic shape for its age. Compared with blue book value (kbb) I managed to get a good deal imho.

I have one general question concerning the supercharger: What is the factory boost/? Is everyone running 91-93 oct in their car, or can I get away with 89 oct?

The only issues I have with this vehicle thus far concern the factory radio.

1. The antenna, which appears to be in the rear window, is horrible. I'm not sure if this is a defect with this particular car, or a known issuewith millenias. I can'ttune inany radio stations Irecieve clearly in all other household vehicles.
2. The cd player does not work. I place a cd into the unit, the "cd in" light illuminates, it waits about 5 seconds, then spits the cd out w/o playing it. I have tried multipe discs to no avail. I recieve no error code, but the cd does not play. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Eric

Old 08-25-2007, 02:44 PM
Default RE: New owner here, couple of quick Q's

Anyone out there?

Old 08-25-2007, 03:37 PM

resale on the millenia sucks. if you try to resell it, you will not get anywhere near kbb.

factory boost is about 10 lbs. iirc, it is limited to 7 in first gear. but, this is NOT like a normal otto cycle motor. read up on the principles of the miller cycle. i have used 89 octane with no noticeable negative effects, but just to see. is the extra 10-15 cents a gallon worth it?

perhaps the antenna is not plugged into the back of the radio. we have 2 99's, both have excellent reception.
it sounds like the cd function is fubar. is your head unit the single cd player, or the 6 cd changer? i upgraded our single cd units to the 6 cd ones, and i got them on ebay. both had bad changers inside, i ended up getting brand new head units on ebay, removing the changers, and installing them in our units. both our units were bose, but the changer does not have to come from a bose unit. it is suprisingly easy to change out the units. i was quoted 450 bucks parts and labor just to fix one unit. i was able to buy brand new units off ebay for less than 200 for both, then i resold the single units i took out for 180. the cost of the used 6 cd units were about 60 bucks, so i figger i got upgrades for less than a hundred. works for me. you can get used units on ebay now for even less.

Old 08-25-2007, 06:17 PM

Ok. With as much as I drive, I would save a considerable amount of money on using mid-grade. I figured the ecu would just adjust timing if need be if I ran mid-grade. If you have done so with no ill effects, I will do this.

I'll have to pull the head unit and check to see if theantenna cable is plugged all the way in. Reception comes in and out as the vehicle moves. I assume I only have the single disc bose stereo. The cd changer is normally mounted in the trunk according to the manual and I do not have anything in the trunk as shown in the picture. I assume it is not one of those 6 disc in dash setups? If I can not fix this cd function its not a major issue; I have a nav setup I can put in this car from another one. I do need the radio to get reception though.

Thanks for the info.

Eric

Old 08-29-2007, 07:55 AM

Uncle:

If you are interested, I have an entire bose system that I pulled from my 01 S. Should be the same. If you can use it, let me know. ablanchard@sbcglobal.net

-Anthony

Old 08-29-2007, 07:40 PM

dunno about the rest, but the 01 head unit is NOT the same. connections completely different

Old 08-31-2007, 07:32 AM

I've been busy as heck with work and getting ready to go back to school next week, so I haven't had a chance to pull the thing apart now that I know how to w/o breaking it.

Thanks again for the advice thus far keninn. I hope to pull it apart on monday and see what I can figure out. I am going to try a cleaning disc on the cd portion and check the connections on the back of the head unit and in the trunk for the antenna issue.

Old 09-12-2007, 12:25 PM