Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

No Spark! Any Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 07:32 PM
Default No Spark! Any Suggestions?

Hello guys,

I am new to the site, so I searched through the numerous threads and found no one has quite the same problem I'm having with my 2001 Milly 2.5L.

During the deep freeze here in IL, my car froze and to make matters worse I hadLESS thana quarter tank of gas at the time. After trying to crank it a few times I decided to put a bottle of heet in the tank and add more gas (a little over a quarter tank now). I waited until the temp rose back into the teens and cranked it once again. Although it cranked,but slowly, so one of my buddy's jumped me off but it just cranked faster but did not turn over.

I had it towed to my garage, turned on the heater thinking maybe thefuel line had frozen or something. After about an hour or so in the toasty 55 degree garage it still did not turn over, but there was a faintsmell of gas. My buddy checked one of the wires and found I was not getting any spark.

I then took a test light to check the adapter which plugs into the ignition control module/pick up coil/hall effect sensor(whatever you call it) which is part or housed in the Distributor assembly and there is a current coming out of there but not going any further it appears, if in fact that is the order of the spark.

What could this possibly be?

Old 01-26-2009, 08:48 PM
Default RE: No Spark! Any Suggestions?

You might want to pull the codes if you know someone with a code reader. The ignitor will have power all the time. The coil charges by varying the ground to charge and discharge the coil. I assume you checked the fuses?

Old 02-02-2009, 06:18 PM

Since I did not get very many replies to my problem. I went ahead and took it to a shop and found out it needs a new distributor assembly and the spark plugs were gas fouled out.

Hopefully, this helps someone who may be having the same symptoms with their Milly.

Anyone, know where to get an Distributor Assembly for an 2001 Milly 2.5L for cheap?

Old 02-02-2009, 06:23 PM
Default Need Distributor Assembly(cap, rotor, module) for cheap

I am in the Chicagoland area and need a Distributor Assembly for my 2001 Milly 2.5L. If anyone knows of a website that sells quality Milly parts (Distributor Assembly) for cheap it would be greatly appreciated.

Milly Man

Old 02-03-2009, 08:44 AM

the ignition distributor on the 2.5 is a common problem. you are better off going new or rebuilt, or you might inherit someone else's problem