Mazda MX-3 and Mazda MX-6 These two sporty models have become popular cars for import tuners due to the availability of parts, the low price, and the smooth lines.

Mazda Mx-6

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Default Mazda Mx-6

Hi there
I am a first here on this site and I would like to know your feed back regarding a problem I am having with my cd player.
It is the original cd player that came with my Mazda mx-6. My Mazda is a Mazda Mystere Mx-6 1994. The problem is that a while ago the cd player would play my cd and then the music would stop and when I would look at the screen it would flash the number of the song. Sometimes, the cd will play about 40 seconds of the song but then it starts over again, and again and again. I purchased 2 cd cleaners but nothing worked. This happends with every cd that I have, even the new ones.
I don't know what to do, I was told that I might have to relpace the cd altogether but if I want to buy one (which I hope I don't) it will cost me a furtune and I don't want to buy a new cd player because my radio (which is located apart from the cd player) works very well, I would have to buy and cd player with a radio.

Any advice ??? I appreciate your cooperation and help.
Thanks

Old 05-03-2005, 04:46 PM
Default RE: Mazda Mx-6

I RECOMMEND TO PURCHASE AN AFTERMARKET CD PLAYER WITH RADIO....ITS CHEAPER

Old 05-03-2005, 04:59 PM

Thanks for your reply MazdaService

Please excuse my ignorance but what is an aftermarket cd player with radio ??? And where can I purchase this ??
thanks

Old 05-03-2005, 06:09 PM

AFTERMARKET IS NON MAZDA PARTS....YOU CAN PICK THIS UP AT ANY FUTURESHOP OR BESTBUY

Old 05-03-2005, 06:41 PM

Okay I see, but they don't hold just CD players without radio. Thanks for your fed-back

Old 05-05-2005, 09:30 AM

Your CD player sounds like it is brocken. it is probably a case of too many years of dust coated CD's going in and out that the internals are just too messed up. You should probably replace it if you want to listen to CD's. A CD Player is not that expensive. Have a look at any car Audio store they will probably sell car stereos These days stereos are a cd player and radio, it's like a 2 in 1. they won't charge much to put it in either. it is generally free with the purchase of a stereo.

Old 05-05-2005, 09:40 PM

Thank you Old 62 for your advice and cooperation. I was hoping that perhaps I would need to replace the cd player because I didn't want to have two radios in my dash board. You see the radio is located apart from the cd player. If I purchase a radio and cd all in one, what am I going to do with the orignial radio located on the top ? Or do I just not connect the new radio that has the cd player incorporated (only connect the cd player) and only use the other original radio ?

Thanks once again for all your help.

Old 05-07-2005, 03:52 AM

I understand your concern. See what options the Car Audio place gives you.

Is the CD player and radio one directly above the other or are they located in completely different positions? If it is directly above the other you have a few options: you could get a double sized unit that will take up both slots (possibly having a tape in it) and will replace both of your units. You could buy a stereo and there are small draws/compartments that take up the other slot, these are pretty common and look good rather than having a gap or leaving an obsolete unit not connected.

I cannot help you anymore without knowing what the dash looks like so your best bet is just to get someone to have a look at it for you.

Old 05-17-2005, 08:16 PM

If you are using a burned CD, older CD players don't function correctly. Most market CDs that are burnable require a stronger laser signal to be read correctly, due to the nature of the disc itself. If your player doesn't have a symbol that says "Multi-read" on it, it was made before burnable CDs came into normal use.

My MX-6 has a similar problem when playing burned CDs. I'd reccomend just going out and getting a new CD player. It's not that expensive.

Old 10-02-2005, 10:09 PM

I had a similar problem with my mx5 cd player. after taking it apart and cleaning the heads with a q-tip and alcohol, puting it back together, all problems were gone. The player plays all tracks where in the past many would not work.

No need to buy a new one.