Mazda MX-3 and Mazda MX-6 These two sporty models have become popular cars for import tuners due to the availability of parts, the low price, and the smooth lines.

What's the problem????

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 08:40 AM

Exactly. It has been placed there for a reason. The same is true for the thing in the #18 post. It looks like a vacuum regulator to me. These missing/ malfunctioning/ incorrectly connected/ disconnected parts are either the cause of your codes or prevent you to find the true cause of the codes.

I hope grim_reaper is reading this. He can fix things with an average of 7.8 words. They are called AutoZam down under.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:36 AM

Hard to believe it's stumping you, Tan. Hopefully, both (and many others too) will learn something very soon.

Mazdamech was a great source for me to when I was removing the manifold. I'm hoping he's reading these too. He's also in the Naval Reserve, so there is a great possibility that he has more urgent items to take care of at the moment.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:45 AM

At this point I can only suggest these approaches:
1.Make a complete comparison of your set up to the diagrams I posted.
2. Go to a Mazda Parts department and look it up using your picture as a guide.
3. Search this forum for owners of the same model and see if you can revive an old thread or if you can get a response to a private message.

My image searches came up empty.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:00 AM

Good points, Tan.

I'll let you know what I find out.

Thanks for all your help.

Old 11-12-2013, 04:37 PM

any progress?

Here is a vacuum diagram that I found in our public library database. This one is for the 1.8L V6: