Mazda RX-8 This new generation of the famed rotary car offers extra room, with the peformance and feel of performance car.

2 new recalls in the mail.

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 11:30 PM
Default 2 new recalls in the mail.

Should be getting notice soon of recalls on Rx8 if not received already. Fuel tank/thermal damage Recall #3305G affects vehicles built between April 10, 2003 and July 7, 2005. Front lower arm ball joint Recall #3405G affects vehicle built between April 10, 2003 and December 27, 2003. Build date can be found on drivers B-pillar near latch. Make sure dealer also runs a 'VIN status inquiry' so that any other open recalls can be done at the same time. Try to leave with dealer for a while if possible as the 3305G involves working around hot exhaust pipes.

Old 09-14-2005, 10:19 PM
Default RE: 2 new recalls in the mail.

Don't tell me, let me guess. Hmmmmmmmmmmm, I would say you do not like either the rotary or RX8[sm=exactly.gif]. Try driving one and you might change your mind. A few recalls on a new model is not unusual for any manufacturer. Who do you think does the end testing and finding problems in design? You guessed it!!! Us the consumer. If Mazda, Chevy, Honda or any manufacturer tested a fleet of new models for 2 years to make sure all flaws were fixed, the car would be outdated before it hit the showroom floors. Rx8 is a very good car and I do not know of any owners that are in my area that wish they had bought something else instead.

Old 09-15-2005, 10:34 PM

BABYHUEY- Did you get my reply to your PM? I didn't hear from you. I just did my first ever engine replacement and it was on an RX8. It went good. But after driving it about 30 miles we got a misfire in bank one P0301. Tried to diag and found nothing wrong. called hot line and they said we have to have the PCM learn the firing pulse of the new engine. Did the programing and it worked.

DADINK- I know that you are seeing a lot of problems with the RX8 and it is a shame because it is such a great car. It is just like when people would have a Porsche getting fixed all of the time. Really when the car is running right it is so right. It is an absolute blast to drive! I know that having to go in for recalls or and new engine is quite an inconvienence but I think it is worth it. i would buy one in a second if I could!!

Old 09-16-2005, 07:07 PM

Did not get any PM from you?? Just double checked. Sent you one though so see if you get that. Glad engine change went ok. Is that the eccentric shaft profile relearn you had to do? Glad tech had some help for you. 99% of the time when I call, I get a dunno and make sure to call back with what you found. Think they have that on a recording now. Henry said I must live in some warped zone that has weird problems. Hey, maybe that was why I did not get your PM!!! Might be on to something there.

Old 09-19-2005, 07:23 PM

cool. i'll let me friend know with the notice.

thanks huey

Old 09-19-2005, 07:26 PM

ORIGINAL: joeautomotive

BABYHUEY- Did you get my reply to your PM? I didn't hear from you. I just did my first ever engine replacement and it was on an RX8. It went good. But after driving it about 30 miles we got a misfire in bank one P0301. Tried to diag and found nothing wrong. called hot line and they said we have to have the PCM learn the firing pulse of the new engine. Did the programing and it worked.

DADINK- I know that you are seeing a lot of problems with the RX8 and it is a shame because it is such a great car. It is just like when people would have a Porsche getting fixed all of the time. Really when the car is running right it is so right. It is an absolute blast to drive! I know that having to go in for recalls or and new engine is quite an inconvienence but I think it is worth it. i would buy one in a second if I could!!
you got your engine replace already?? how many miles on your 8??

Old 09-29-2005, 05:42 PM

My buddy got his motor replaced in his "8" already. Think it was a faulty oil pump. Mazda replaced his motor under warranty, & furnished him with a loaner.