Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

01 Tribute Electrical Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 12:13 PM
Default 01 Tribute Electrical Problems

Hello all-

I'm new to the forum and need some input on what appears to be an electrical problem(s).

I have an 01 Tribute DX V6. I bought the car used in 04 and about a month after I bought it, strange things started happening. The headlights started coming on and off on their own and the car would still be running after the key was out. The stereo would also turn off and on without the car running. We have since had the ignition switch and lock replaced, as well as a relay. This seemed to have solved the problem up until about 3-4 months ago when the factory radio started turned off and on again on it's own (wothout the key in the ignition). There have been no other headlight problems, or any other accessory problems that I can see, only the stereo issue.

We just had a new stereo installed and, the first day, no problems. The second day, the stereo started doing the same thing, turning off and on while the car was running. Only, this time, it won't turn on with the car off.

Can someone give me some insight on what this might be? I'm taking it back to Circuit City where we got the stereo and they said they would take a look at it since we bought a service plan. . . .