Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

01 Tribute misfire

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 08:51 AM
Default 01 Tribute misfire

Hello,

I've got a 2001 Tribute with a 3.0 v6. Vehicke was running rough so we scanned it and got a cylinder 4 and 6 misfire. We replaced all plugs, all coils and upper and lower intake gaskets. Ran better for about a half an hour. Cyl 4 and 6 misfire codes AGAIN.(and yes we cleared codes when repairs were made lol). So all back apart again replaced injectors. Ran a little smoother for a short time, then same codes again. Replaced computer for the hell of it, same results, except now it says 4 and 6 misfire and random misfire. I'm lost on what else it could be. Any help would be amazing, dont know how much more money we can dump into this. Thanks again.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:05 AM

Anyone?

Old 09-25-2011, 10:28 PM

Mine has been in garage nearly 4 weeks now same problem.
New plugs,coil packs.
De catted
compression is fine
It is not fuel as it is same on petrol as lpg.
We think we are looking for a wiring loom prob,spoke to the garage on sat he has passed it on to auto spark, he says he has found something in loom but has had to order parts from mazda not coming till mid week. Will keep you posted.
Guyads

Old 09-26-2011, 06:37 AM

awesome than you so much I can't wait to get this pig back on the road

Old 11-01-2011, 11:38 PM
Wink misfire trib returned

Just got my tribute back yesterday!
the car has been through 3 seperate garages and finally been sorted.
It started with misfire on number 3.
After new coil packs x 6,new plugs,de-cat manifolds,gearbox flush,compression checked 3 times it finally runs sweet again.
The car has been in 3 seperate garages for 3 months.
First garage cost me £300 because he thourght it was gearbox.
Second garage cost me £0 but was sure it was electrical he even subbed the car out to expert auto spark who said he had tested all parts of the loom but only found a bit of corrision on the plug that connects on to the coil over plugs.
Final throw of the dice Mazda dealer.
was quoted £80 per hour for work after they had it a week they wanted to return the car as it was not cost effective to repair they said that valve seats had gone on number 3 so it had to be engine out to sort.
I went down to dealer and got stuck into them told them my concerns about there attitude and tech know how a week later I get the car back after removing pcm allowing a reset plus full test on loom wiring then put back in car a new fault showed up.PCV valve showed up faulty,they ordered a new one fitted it Hey presto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This ordeal has not been good
Should of taken it straight to dealer in first place.
After a lot of pressure dealer managed to sort
It appears that the pcm needed re flashing so that they were able to read the fault codes then they could sort.
Really glad to have Trib back
Forgot how smooth that engine is!
Feels like a new car with all the work that has been done will have to see if mpg changes!

Old 11-01-2011, 11:39 PM

Forgot to mention the cost£500