Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

2006 mazda tribute brake Vacuum line & diagram

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2022, 10:40 AM
Default Here's all 3 procedures you should need to change your steering fluid

Beginning of fluid purging at the bottom of the page

Continuation of fluid air purging, beginning of power steering fluid flushing at the bottom of the page

Continuation of power steering system flushing

Continuation of power steering flushing. Beginning of power steering filling at bottom of page

Continuation of fluid filling procedure. End of relevant information

Old 12-05-2022, 10:56 AM

This image shows the PCV valve location. It has hose clamps on it in this image. I added those while trying to verify elimination of vacuum leaks

Air box and battery were removed prior to taking this image

Final Edit: check my original post for the rest of the routing of the blue marked vac line. I added to it.

Last edited by Pyts; 12-05-2022 at 11:44 AM.
Old 01-08-2023, 07:22 AM
Fox
Default EVAP to Upper Intake

Originally Posted by Pyts
I can pull the air box and battery tomorrow to show you more of the routing from the 03 3.0 Tribute I've got. I took and colored a picture for yuh. It's pretty high-def, so you should be able to zoom in.

The brake booster is straight forward, at least in the engine bay.
There are 4 vac lines on the upper intake manifold/plenum. The right-most and largest in the group of 3 I left uncolored. It runs to the PCV valve underneath the intake manifold and fuel rail. It's annoying, to say the least.

The red line is the transmission vent (which just terminates open on a bracket below the throttle body), the white one runs from the EVAP vapor management valve to the 4th port on the upper intake, just behind the throttle body.
The tricky one is the one I marked blue. It has several T connections. It runs from the cabin to that canister below the computer, has a check valve, to the upper intake, to the EVAP vapor management valve (the little can with 3 hoses off to the driver's side of the engine bay,) to two ports on the EGR vacuum regulator (thing thing right behind the EGR), to the EGR, and terminates finally at the fuel pulse dampener (silver pancake, below throttle body).

EDIT: one note. The blue marked vac lines were glued onto the plastic fittings. If you remove them, make sure a chunk of the glue doesn't get trapped in the hoses or T connectors and cause an obstruction.

EDIT: added pictures of the rest of the vac line I marked as blue, now showing connection to the EVAP vapor management valve, EGR vacuum regulator, EGR, and finally the fuel pulse dampener.
Apologies for the engine bay looking a mess. Im in the middle of pulling the transmission, so stuff like the shift linkage, ect is in an above image. The blue dot vac lines are unaffected by present work and shown installed just as they would be if the engine was running. I would have taken bigger pictures, but since i'm not tech-savvy I handled the 10mb photo size limit by cropping.
Any chance you could show where the 4th port on the intake is for the white vacuum line from the EVAP? For the like of me I can't find it.

Old 01-08-2023, 08:44 AM

Hopefully I'll get the opportunity to check the vacuum lime tomorrow! The car is coming back for a suspension noise complaint. I've got to say, when this thing is in good health it's a pleasure to drive. The engine is quite peppy, and I loved the turn radius.

Hey, if you're interested I could post up procedures for removing the intake manifold. Doing that would show you pretty much all there is to see.

Old 02-10-2023, 07:00 PM

Updated adding the missing vac line to my first picture post.